Descendants of Hugh Pugh I

  • hilltopcabin
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      My great great grandparents are generation No. 5 from Hugh No. l. Can I
      add additional info to your files?
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
        That would be wonderful.  I maintain the data file on the Hugh line using Family Tree Maker.  I made the reports that are posted on the site from that data file.  If you have additional data or corrections, you can either post the information in a message or send it to me directly at jpughdog@....  Either way, I will update my file and replace the information on the site with an updated report.

        There is also a page on the site where you can post photos.  If you need assistance with posting photos, I would be happy to help.  If the photos need to be scanned to electronic format, I can help you with that as well.  Just email me directly and we will figure out the best way to proceed.  Thank you for your offer and welcome to the group.  We have been here since November and already have a few members of the Hugh line.  We hope to gain many more and to determine where the Hugh Pugh line connects back in Wales.

        Jeff Pugh

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22, 2007
          --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "hilltopcabin"
          <hilltopcabin@...> wrote:

          > My great great grandparents are generation No. 5 from Hugh No. l. Can
          > add additional info to your files?

          Does the three part Homer Pugh story in the files apply to you family?
          How about the Moses Pugh family photos in the photo section?

          I was given this information by a lady in Ohio who's grandfather was
          Moses Pugh and then she married a Pugh. I can see no connection to the
          two families, but I just wanted to know if this information coinsides
          with your family.

          P.S. I'm from the Pugh family she married into.

          George Pugh
          Belleville, Illinois
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2007
            George,

            Thanks for your query.  I had some communications with Sharon off-list and she provided me with quite a bit on her line.  She is descended from Peter Pugh (1770-1850), Moses' brother.  I believe that Shannon and Gordon of our group also descend from Peter.  Sharon's line comes down from Peter's son, Hugh Pugh (1795-1862) as do both Shannon and Gordon.  Hugh's daughter, Julyna Pugh (1823-1892) married Ahimaaz Pittenger in Brooke county on Feb 15, 1842.  Both died in Jackson County, OH.  I have Ahimaaz as Vernon Ahimaaz Pittenger (1823-1892) in my data file.  Sharon let me know that Vernon may not actually be his name.  I have left it in as a first name since he is sometimes referred to as Vernon in on-line sources.  I updated my file based on Sharon's information back in February but apparently forgot to post the updated version.  I just uploaded the new file which has much more (and more accurate) information on Sharon's branch.  Thanks again for your query, it reminded me to update the information.  Sharon also sent me some photos which I will post.

            Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:58 PM
            Subject: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: Descendants of Hugh Pugh I