899Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Thank you

  • Sandra N
    May 3, 2014
      My connection with the Pughs is my GGGG Grandfather William Nichols was married to Perniulah Pugh some say Poumina  her father was John Pugh Sr  b abt 1746 who married Elinor  Fruit b abt 1748  my 5th great grand parents.  John Pugh Sr. father was Thomas Pugh b abt 1705 d 1794.  married Elizabeth Pugh Pugh  my 6th Great Grand Parents his parents was James Pugh and Joanna Price. my 7th great grandparents.  I  am still researching this info don't have a lot on them as of yet. Have not verified all this info yet.
      On Friday, May 2, 2014 10:12 PM, MSchultz <mpschultz08@...> wrote:

      Did you see my blog link regarding Hugh Pugh ("junor")?

      I am only very distantly connected to the Pughs by virtue of my Great Great Great Grandmother Mary Fisher Bowen who was a pupil of Hugh Pugh's while he was in Bedford County, PA as an itinerant schoolmaster in the first decade of the 19th c.

      Technically speaking, Hugh Pugh was the "father in law of a 3rd cousin 5x removed". My 3rd cousin in this case being Joseph Harlan (b 1757 -- d 1791) who was the spouse of Hannah Pugh (b 1768 -- d 1844).

      Have fun!

      Meg Schultz
      MTL | NJ

      On May 2, 2014, at 10:00 PM, <poolshark4life@...> wrote:

      My name is Stephen Pugh a descendant of the Hugh Pugh I line.
      My grandfather was Clyde Anderson Pugh II. He recently passed in February (5th) a couple weeks short of his 91st birthday. Dorothy passed 2 March 2010. I started researching a few weeks ago as a family project. Your information has been invaluable.
      Clyde & Dorothy's children are:
      Clyde Anderson Pugh III b. 4 Oct 1948
      Stephen Wayne Pugh b. 30 December 1953
      Daniel Francis Pugh b. 21 December 1958