857Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Richard Pugh

  • Mervyn Richard Pugh
    Feb 11, 2013
      Hi Dan,

      I do not think that Richard PUGH is part of my family tree if he was born in England! Most of my PUGH ancestors were born in North Wales in the area of Towyn. As you may or may not know Wales is a separate country from England, though over the centuries there has been movement of families to the coal-mines in South Wales from the slate quarries in North Wales and from the Tin Mines in Cornwall England.

      Good Luck

      Mervyn R Pugh
      On 10 Feb 2013, at 22:10, Dan <danpugh81@...> wrote:

      > I thought I posted this but it didn't appear so I'll try again. I'm seeking information on Richard Pugh prior to his arrival in the US. Any advice on how best to find his birth certificate or Christening in England? He was born in England in 1825 then left for the US from Liverpool. He arrived New York May 16, 1861. Lived in Columbus Oh then Zanesville, Oh. I'm also trying to find his place of death. Everyone after him is in Muskingum but he and his wife are missing from the records.
      > Thanks
      > Dan Pugh
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic