      From: Mark Pugh
      Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:40 AM
      Subject: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM][Tracing_Pugh_Origins] North Texas Pughs

      I was born in Fort Worth, but hail from the Alabama Pughs of Clarke County (Grove Hill). My great grandfather's brother, Warren Stone Pugh, moved from Alabama to Weatherford, TX, in the 1870's? His son was John J. Pugh, married to Ida Pugh. They lived on Lincoln Avenue in Fort Worth. I knew them when I was a little kid, back in the '50's. Their son, Marion Pugh, was the QB for the national champion Texas A&M team in 1939. His son, Marion Condie, Jr., was a doctor but is deceased. His son, Kyle Pugh, is an attorney in Dallas. This is at least one of the Texas Pugh connections, coming from Alabama in the late 1800's. My line goes from Elijah Pugh to Isaac Pugh to Stephen Pugh to Love Newton Pugh to Robert Blake Pugh to Robert Stephen Pugh, to me, Mark Stephen Pugh, Corpus Christi, TX.

      On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Dorthy Casten <dlc5559@att. net> wrote:

      Our Pughs were in Johnson County, Texas (that area includes Burleson, Joshua, Old Caddo area, Cleburne, and such.  ALL of that area was cut from the old original Navaro County as was Tarrant, Parker and such.  Hood County was once a part of Johnson County.  When were your folks in Johnson County.  That Albert Ross Pugh name sure sounds familiar.