615Re: [SPAM]Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: need a lot of help

  • Dorman Nelson
    Apr 14, 2009

      In my Pugh Family History,

      The Pugh family is of Welsh origin. The name was originally Ap Hugh,
      the "Ap" denoting "son of Hugh".
      Tradition has it that the Pughs are descendants of Hugh, a younger
      son of Sir Owen Glendower, who was the last
      Welsh prince. He was a patriot who spent his life trying to free
      Wales from England.

      The start of the first batch of information is:

      James Pugh
      b. perhaps in Virginia
      d. 19 Aug 1839, Greenup, Co. Ky.

      m. 10 Feb 1801 to Mary Kerin Fitzpatrick
      b. 1780/90 Albemarle Co., Va.
      d. 1844/50 Greenup Co. , Ky

      8 children

      Elizabeth Rean Pugh b 1802 d 1892

      Cassandra Pugh

      Sarah Pugh

      Emily Pugh

      Lovey Pugh b 1809 d 1877 in Hollister, Ca (my note: I am
      interested in this side of the family as this group went west, Lovey
      married John Wesley

      Hardwick about 1831or3, and one Hardwick died in Pacific
      Grove, Ca.)

      James Young Pugh
      b 1810
      m his cousin, Cinderella Pugh b 1810

      Jane Pugh
      b 1819
      m 13 mar 1843 to George Nimrod Pugh b 1809 Ky brother of John
      Wesley Hardwick

      Samuel Bell Pugh
      b 1822

      Dorman Nelson