612Re: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM]Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: need a lot of help

  • Dorman Nelson
    Apr 13, 2009
      Howdy all,
      I am pursuing a group of Pugh folks that were out of Missouri.
      They married into the Skakel family (Ethyl Skakel Kennedy) and
      I have gotten some other information from some other Pugh relatives.
      I will try to get these in order and post them.
      Thanks,

      Dorman Nelson
      Biographer
      www.johnlivereatingjohnston.com

      On Apr 13, 2009, at 8:56 PM, Dorthy Casten wrote:

      what is your line?

      Ours were in Dallas Co. by 1860, Johnson County, Tarrant County, Parker County, and moving west and north (OK).  We know we've found some in Hood County and others that are related.

      Dorthy Casten

      From: Dorthy Casten <dlc5559@att. net>
      To: Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 8:55 PM

      Lots of Pughs in Texas - we've discovered that's lots are related!  The Pugh clan was definitely prolific.

      Dorthy Casten (mother of 3 Pugh children)

      From: Bruce Pugh <pughbruce@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [Tracing_Pugh_ Origins] Re: need a lot of help
      To: Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 9:10 PM

      Hi David,
      The Pugh Name in Wales is about as common as Smith or Jones is here. Di you have any idea when your line came to the US or what part of Wales they come from? My line if from Carmarthen South Wales and came to the US in the mid-1800's if that helps any.

      By the way the change from Hugh to Pugh was probably not a gramatical error. It more likely came from the description of a person as son of Hugh, which is Ap Hugh. AP Hugh bacame Pugh by some accounts I have read.

      Bruce Pugh

      --- In Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com, dave pugh <kutshawlives@ ...> wrote:

      > My family is from East Ky.,Ialso have a full blooded Cherokee in my family as well.Charlie or William Charles Pugh.He was from around Cherokee Nc.Right around the turn of the century.Went on the run to east Ky. dueto bloodshed in a taxation revolt.Half of the clan left for Ky.,part of them to Alabama-Georgia, and apparently a few of them went to Missouri as well.I live in Seattle Wa. now, and I can easily see how you can forget about thing's when you have to be on the move.Thank's for dropping me a line,let me know if I can help in any way.Did you know that the first Pugh's in North America pre-date the Mayflower by around 16-25yrs.or so???Also it is a derivative of the name Hugh,because of some gramattical error in Gaelic to English.We even have a coat of arms and everything.Keep in touch
      >

      > Mr. David S. Pugh

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic