604Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: need a lot of help

  • Ipxcat@aol.com
    Apr 11, 2009
      In a message dated 4/10/2009 8:43:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bsewbrown651@... writes:
      In Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com, "Dave Pugh" <kutshawlives@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello, Iam new to your group.I am delving into my lineage for the first time and am lost.Any history on the pugh line in Wales would be especially great.Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

      All of my family is from Alabama. My father is Cherokee Indian and French. sorry I could not have been any help. By the time I finish tracing maybe I will have some Welch relatives.
      Just a note -- it looks like the second paragraph is a reply but it's hard to tell the way  the email came through here. We have a bit of Native American here, too. Having a father that is not in the Pugh line makes the Y DNA investigation not viable. Your tracing will have to be done through records. We have been on that for many years and the Y DNA has helped since my father and I (and so on) have that chromosome.  Unfortunately our line has remained in the northern part of the US, south only about as far as Virginia. There are several branches that  moved into the Carolinas and on into the deep south. I wish you good luck with your search.

      Gordon Pugh
      Athens, Vermont
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic