603RE: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: need a lot of help

    Apr 11, 2009

      Hi David,

      Is Charlie your most distant Pugh ancestor?  Have you found him in any of the US Census records?  I could not locate him based on the information that you provided.  It is unclear which Pugh line you descend from based on the information presented so far.  Through our DNA Project we have learned that there are likely hundreds or thousands of unrelated Pugh lines.  This is because Pugh comes from the Welsh “ap Hugh” or “son of Hugh.”  As you might imagine there were likely many men in Wales named Hugh when the use of surnames became common about 400 years ago.

      We have a few lines defined through the DNA Project that extend back to Colonial America.  It would be interesting to see if you connect to any of those.

      Welcome to the discussion group and good luck in your research.

      Jeff