443Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: Lewis Pugh, born 1799

  • Darrell Pugh, DO
    Mar 5, 2008
      As to your inquiry, I'm not sure.  Kline Pugh seems to be very knowledgable in the VA Pughs and may be able to help out better.  Good luck!!
      I. Darrell Pugh

      jhargreaves2002 <jhargreaves2002@...> wrote:
      Hi Ivan,

      This is really great news!
      I'm so glad that the DNA testing has worked so well for you.

      Do you know if Tina's, Catherine Price, was the sister of Joan Price,
      wife of James M? James M was an indentured servant to Bevan. The
      Price family was kin to Bevan.

      My Grandmother told me many, many stories about her husband, Thomas
      DeWitt Pugh's family. We descend from Tom Jr. I heard from Grandma
      the story about the family leaving PA & traveling to NC.

      She told me that they stopped for awhile in VA.

      I asked in any stayed in VA and she said yes.
      That is contrary to what many in my line believe. I have been told
      that they all went on to NC.
      Your DNA testing says that my Grandmother may have been right.

      I am surprised to hear that the DNA testing says David & James M were
      not brothers. That has me puzzled.

      Jane H

      --- In Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com, "Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr."
      <docpugh@... > wrote:
      > Hello everybody!
      > I got the preliminary results from my DNA test today and I've got
      > interesting news. My family has always been led to believe that we
      > descended from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. I've mentioned to
      > several of you in private e-mails that I didn't believe this to be
      > the case. We now have the DNA evidence that seems to prove it. My
      > DNA does not match with the Pughs of Hampshire County WV that are
      > know to descend from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. My DNA does
      > match those whose lineage is documented to go back to the David
      > born 1650 in Wales. I can prove with solid paper trail evidence
      > my lineage goes back to Lewis Pugh, born in 1799. The booklet we
      > have by Coy Pugh does a solid job describing the descendents of
      > Lewis Pugh. I have the paper trail evidence on my lineage that goes
      > directly to him. However, he was born in Nelson County, Virginia,
      > NOT in Orange County, North Carolina as many have reported (I
      > believe it traces back to the inaccuracy in the Maud Pugh book). We
      > know that our Lewis Pugh's father and grandfather was a John Pugh
      > and John Pugh Sr, and I have a good hunch on who they are and where
      > they are from, but I may need some assistance all of you in the
      > DNA Project to prove it with the paper evidence. I think we're
      > to find that my John Pughs were the ones in Virginia all along and
      > not the ones in North Carolina as we have been lead to believe.
      > I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my marker results to see where I
      > fit in to the grand scheme.
      > Sincerely,
      > Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
      > Alexandria, VA