441Re: Lewis Pugh, born 1799

  • Tina Joe Pugh Sanders
    Mar 4 5:43 PM
      Hi, this is wonderful. My brother's DNA is being processed right now
      (James Riley Pugh, Jr) and I know we are direct descendants of James
      Riley Pugh Sr, William James Thomas Pugh, William Pugh, son of
      Jonathan, son of Joseph Sr, son of David Pugh...(arrival from Wales
      and married Catherine Price in 1698)......so it will be very
      interesting to see how my brother's and your DNA match up.....our
      results won't be available until April 2008 I would like to
      communicate privately (tsandgolf@...) tina pugh sanders

      --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr."
      <docpugh@...> wrote:

      > Hello everybody!
      >
      > I got the preliminary results from my DNA test today and I've got
      > interesting news. My family has always been led to believe that we
      > descended from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. I've mentioned to
      > several of you in private e-mails that I didn't believe this to be
      > the case. We now have the DNA evidence that seems to prove it. My
      > DNA does not match with the Pughs of Hampshire County WV that are
      > know to descend from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. My DNA does
      > match those whose lineage is documented to go back to the David
      Pugh
      > born 1650 in Wales. I can prove with solid paper trail evidence
      that
      > my lineage goes back to Lewis Pugh, born in 1799. The booklet we
      > have by Coy Pugh does a solid job describing the descendents of
      > Lewis Pugh. I have the paper trail evidence on my lineage that goes
      > directly to him. However, he was born in Nelson County, Virginia,
      > NOT in Orange County, North Carolina as many have reported (I
      > believe it traces back to the inaccuracy in the Maud Pugh book). We
      > know that our Lewis Pugh's father and grandfather was a John Pugh
      Jr
      > and John Pugh Sr, and I have a good hunch on who they are and where
      > they are from, but I may need some assistance all of you in the
      Pugh
      > DNA Project to prove it with the paper evidence. I think we're
      going
      > to find that my John Pughs were the ones in Virginia all along and
      > not the ones in North Carolina as we have been lead to believe.
      >
      > I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my marker results to see where I
      > fit in to the grand scheme.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
      > Alexandria, VA