376Re:Pugh's of Orange County,VA

  • sharon
    Oct 4, 2007
      Daniela,

      I'm descended from Mary Pugh and Ephraim Seamonds[Simmons] through
      their son Ephraim Seamonds, JR. and his wife Frances Johnson. Then
      I'm directly descended from three of their daughters: Lucy Simmons,
      who married Zacharia Wood,Sr.; Mary Simmons, who married Harrison
      Wood,Sr.; and Susan[Suky] Simmons who married William Sullivan ,
      their daughter Nancy Sullivan married William Garrison, their
      daughter Frances Ella Garrison married my gggrandfather Jacob N Wood,
      they were second cousins.My descent comes from their son Joseph Wood
      and Susan Ella Brady to my grandmother Emma Virginia Wood. It gets a
      bit confusing.
      My information came from a Wood and Seamonds family book, I did not
      do the leg work here it was a lot of genealogist and familly members.
      In the book it states that Ephraim Seamonds,Sr. married Mary Pugh 13
      April 1740 in St Paul's Parish, VA. I just noticed this, they were
      married in April of 1740 and their first child[Elizabeth Seamonds]
      was born 18 July 1740. There must have been a little hanky panky
      going on there . Anyway, what I was getting too, is that it states
      William Pugh as the father of Mary Pugh. I've never heard anything
      about Mary being married before, Ephraim Sr was suppose to be born
      abt 1718, he was probably about 22 years old when they married.
      Where did you get your information from? Is it documented? I have
      a list of sources here, but it's for the whole book, I've been
      considering writing to the church who published this book and see if
      I can write to the person who found the Pugh information, especially
      after today.
      Please let me know what you think, if we're tying up the Pugh group
      with too much other surnames, you can email me direct
      sherilou7@... or sherilou7@...

      Thank you for your help.

      Sheri

      --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "Daniela Moneta"
      <dmoneta@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sheri,
      >

      > I have information about the William Pugh who received land from
      Mary and
      > Ephraim Seamonds [Simmons]. Is this your family? Please tell me how
      you are
      > connected. You said that Mary's father was William Pugh. Where did
      you find
      > that? I know that Mary was previously married to John Pugh but
      didn't know
      > that Pugh was also her maiden name. I look forward to hearing from
      you.

      > We have a DNA group on this line. John Pugh was a son of Lewis Pugh
      who
      > immigrated to Virginia in 1695 from Wales.
      >

      > Sincerely,
      >

      > Daniela

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      10/4/2007