New Children's Book (cross post)

  • Cynthia Bissell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
      Hi All,

      I was just sent a copy of an adorable new Children's Book about a child
      who has a tracheostomy. The book is written by the boy's grandmother.
      Here is a description of the book:

      "Just Like You" is about a little boy getting ready for his first day of
      pre-school. You will meet his mommy, big brother and sister and also
      some of the animals on his farm and oh yes, you will learn about his
      trach. Mommy and big sister go to school and explain to the children
      about Slade's trach. The kids ask questions and mommy answers in easy to
      understand language. Why does it sound like that, can he eat, can he
      talk, etc. The kids not only learn about a trach, but they also learn a
      very valuable lesson, though I may look different on the outside, I'm
      Just Like You on the inside.

      This hard cover, beautifully illustrated book was written because of a
      need for all kids, as well as adults, to learn about the tracheostomy.
      Whether your child has a trach or if you just want your child to learn
      about others this is a very cute and meaningful book.

      Books are $16 each and can be ordered via snail mail with check or money
      order. This book is worth recommending, and so I've added an order form
      to Aaron's Page at:
      http://www.tracheostomy.com/resources/books/just_like_you/index.htm

      Sincerely,
      Cynthia Bissell
      Aaron's Tracheostomy Page
      www.tracheostomy.com
    • Anri Schramm [Stiftung NOAH]
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
        Hi there Cynthia, this book looks really great!

        Everything ok over with you guys?

        We're fine, just stuck in the last few weeks before we get the german
        site off the ground.

        Thanks for the link to the book

        bye
        Anri Schramm
        Stiftung/Foundation NOAH
        Mom to Noah 1.1.97 - 4.23.01
        and
        Ruben 10.22.99 - 12.29.02
        Both with undiagnosed degenerative neurological condition. Seizures,
        g-tubes and trachs.
        http://www.stiftung-noah.de