Re: [Tracheostomy_infants] Digest Number 255

  • Brian & Melinda King
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hi! We just had a scope done and the doctor addressed this issue... My 20
      month old who is within normal weight percentiles still wears a 3.5 neo.
      The ENT wanted to change it to a 3.5 ped but did not. Going from the neo to
      ped within the same lumen size (3.5) simply means a longer length trach
      tube. If it is too long it can irritate and cause coughing and gagging and
      I would suspect, more mucus. Talk to the ENT. Maybe you should change back
      to the neo. Since our son has not pulled his trach out and is doing fine in
      the neo, the doc decided to keep the neo. God bless your family
      o!! -Melinda