Just re-introducing myself...

  • Haily
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
      Hello, my name is Haily and my youngest son's name is Gage. He has
      had a tracheostomy since July, 2001. He is going to be 2 on
      Valentine's Day. He had to have the trach done because of an injury
      to his airway following laser surgery for ROP. He was 3 months early
      and had a difficult time of it in the nicu, respiratory wise. I am
      looking forward to getting to know everyone! This is a wonderful
      group and I am grateful to be back. If I can ever do anything for any
      of you, please let me know. My email address is
      trachmom@.... Feel free to visit our website too. Thank you
      so much...

      Haily & Gage (20 Months)
      former 28 weeker & present "trachkid"
      website address - http://www.trachkids.com
    • BRINA CLAUDE
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002

        Hi Haily,

        My name is Sabrina, I pulled my son's story out of the archives for you to read:

        Jeshua's Trach ~ July 10, 2002
        Hello. My son, Jeshua, is now 13 months old. He had his trach since Aug.
        2001. He was born at 28 weeks had alot of respiratory problems, suffered a
        stroke a 7 days old. He had a hernia repair 2 weeks before the
        trachoestomy. The doctors had to intubate him after the hernia repair, and
        they believe that somewhere in between in- or extubating him the tubing
        scratch his airway and caused massive swellng which in turn made him a
        candidate for the trach. It was rough at first but now it comes as second
        nature handling his trach care. The older he gets the worse he fights. Some
        days are better than others but in the end he is a happy camper.

        That was four moths ago, now he is 17 months and he actually looks like a one year.  I just joined the site when I wrote the above, and it has been so encouraging to me, to know that I am not alone in this.  And thank you for sharing your son's story. And cystic hygromas is a new term to me.  What is it exactly?

        Do you Yahoo!?