Tracheostomy Message Board

  • Cynthia Bissell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2002
      Dear Group,

      As mentioned previously, the service we used for the tracheostomy message
      board is no longer offering free services. I've found the inexpensive
      boards to be very limited. For example, the board we are currently using at
      Multicity only allows 1,000 posts with not way to archive or download old
      messages.

      Michelle Brose, who is an adult with trach and vent 24/7, (Retrofit Web
      Design, http://www.retrofit.net/) kindly offered her expertise to install a
      message board on my hosting account. So, we will no longer be dependent on
      outside services for our message board!

      The board she has installed is called Ikon Board
      (http://www.ikonboard.com/). While it may take a bit of time to adjust to
      the new board, it is quite superior to the boards we have used in the past.
      It is a powerful program with lots of options and new possibilities.
      Currently, the new board is set up with two forums, one for pediatrics and
      one for adults with tracheostomies.

      The new board is ready to use at:
      http://www.twinenterprises.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi. I will be
      canceling my account at Multicity and closing the old board soon. Please do
      stop by and try out the new message board. Let me know if you have any
      questions or problems.

      Thank you Michelle for your kind and generous assistance setting up this
      program!

      Sincerely,
      Cynthia Bissell
      www.tracheostomy.com