Re: [Tracheostomy_infants] JD is Okay...BUT

  • j9g@wowway.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007

      I am so sorry you had to go through this. I just wanted to let you know  that if you are fearful of the effects of oxygen deprivation (maybe not this time, but in the future) there is a new therapy developed by Dr. Seetha Shankaran at Children's Hospital of Michigan. If children are deprived of oxygen for a significant length of time, she pioneered a cooling therapy that prevents the proteins from developing in the brain that are damaged by lack of oxygen. So, if this ever happens, make sure your docs check this out. I think you have a 12-24 hour window for this to be effective.

      Janine

      On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:43:31 -0400, erin32573 wrote

      WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)