New Members

  • Tammy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2000
      We have some new members to our group.

      To those of you just joining, we are a small
      group so far. We post once in a while.

      My name is Tammy. My daughter Lauren is
      almost one (January 20th) she was born 4
      months premature at 24 weeks gestation, twin
      pregnancy - only survivor.
      Birth weight was 1 lb 5 ounces, but fell to
      1 lb 2 ounces. She was hospitalized for 102
      days total and received the trach on the 71st
      day. She was trached because of cord swelling
      from being intibated so long. She is due to
      have the trach removed spring of 2000. I can
      not wait. I do all of her care, with only 4 hours
      of respite care nursing per week / nothing really.

      My biggest problem is feeding. She only takes
      about 20 ounces of milk per day / 30 cal/oz formula.
      I have a very hard time with solids, and do not
      force them on her -- we try once a day, but usually
      only 2-3 spoons and she is done.

      Jump in and tell us your story anytime.

      Here is a recent picture of my miracle / Lauren

      [Image]