Travon's bronch

  • LLLORY@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14 11:22 PM
      Hi all,
      I haven't written in a while, but my son came home
      from the hospital on Aug. 15. He was trach'd on June
      28, his 5 month birthday. He is scheduled to go to
      the hospital and have a bronchoscopy on Tuesday. The
      pulmonologist said there is a chance that they will
      remove the trach at that time. He is currently eight
      and a half months old. How common is it for a trach
      to be removed this soon? I'd love to see it happen,
      but don't want to get my hopes up. He has subglottic
      stenosis. He has never been bronch'd before. His
      condition was too critical at the time they did the
      tracheostomy. Any comments??
      Laurie

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • SommerHN1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15 9:39 AM
        Laurie,

        Without knowing more about your son, I would definately say that do NOT go in there expecting a decanuation.  Be careful about even hoping.  He is quite young to be decanulated.  Many of us could tell you about disappointment.  I think we just have learned to be realistic instead of hopeful.  I do pray that the bronch goes well and things have improved in your son's airway.

        Heather
        mom to Daniel 19m.  Born at 27 weeks.  Bilateral Vocal Cord Paralysis--> Trach and G-Tube 6/1/2000.  Subglottic Stenosis, VP Shunt, Nissen Fundo.
        (and Joseph 5, Eric 4)