Re: [Tracheostomy_infants] some questions

  • Lori R
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
      Pre-vent Emma just slept in our room or she slept in another room with a baby monitor on. Now that she has the vent I get nursing (which I hate) but 2 nights a week we have no nursing, she is in our dining room so I sleep on the couch. It was much easier in my opinion with no nursing. When we move she will be getting her own room and nurses will sit with her but on my nights with her I will just sleep in her room, it will be a break from my snoring husband!

      ~~Lori~~
      Mom to Derek age 5, Emma and Ella (mono-mono twins) age 2
      Emma spastic quad CP, trach, vent dependent, love of my life.

    • Karin Hardman

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
          Karin--Private conversations are nice aren't they? My husand actually argued with me in front of our newest nurse the other night, I thought I was going to die! Our apartment is so small even if we go in our room you can hear us talking. Oh and lets not even talk about sex, I am glad I have all the kids I want because with nursing in the house it won't be happening anyway! LOL. I hope you get some free time to yourself, nursing can be good like you said, we have made some life long friends but privacy is more important in my book

          ~~Lori~~
          Mom to Derek age 5, Emma and Ella (mono-mono twins) age 2
          Emma spastic quad CP, trach, vent dependent, love of my life.

          Need Mail bonding?