up date on Emma

  • samantha street
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2000
      Just a quick hello to everyone to let you know Emma is doing really
      well.At 18mths she has just doubled her birthweight,she is now nearly
      20lbs. Her hemangiomas are stable at the moment, and the oncologist
      only wants to see her every two months now! and ENT don't want to see
      her until April! So we are having fewer appts which is great.

      Emma has just started to walk unaided,just a few steps. She has also
      started to croak! We are so thrilled.Not so thrilled about the
      prospect of another English winter and being confind to the house
      again, perhaps it will be mild, fingers crossed!

      Part of Emmas hemangioma is on the back of her neck. The skin keeps
      breaking down and developing into an open pressure sore. We use the
      velcro ties threaded through tubifoam which we cover in mepore to
      make
      it softer, but it keeps breaking down and it takes months to healHas
      anyone got any experience of this?The last time it happened it
      included one of the puffed up veins of the hemangioma and she had a
      large bleed from it, fortunatly we were in the hospital.

      Anyway thats enough from me. I hope you all had a great summer.

      love from, Sam Mom to Elizabeth, David & Emma, in freezing
      Shropshire,
      England.