Hello group, I'm new

  • Leslie Anne
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005
      Hello group, I'm new. I don't have a child with a trache, I am a
      home health pedi nurse. My favorite patient right now is a cutie
      pie who is bedbound with a trache. He has no head control. I made
      him a pillow that is just the right thickness to lie comfortable
      behind his neck without pushing his chin down onto his chest like
      regular pillows do. Also, I added pockets on both ends to keep
      handy his Passy-Muir valve and a "nose".

      NOw, I have a website where I sell handknit,crocheted and sewn baby
      things geared mostly toward preemies and special needs babies. I
      have little NICU shirts that fasten at the shoulder and one of those
      trache pillows, which are also nice for positioning preemies and
      holding their binkies. All these things are the result of parents
      telling me what they need and the problems they face.

      I'm not trying to increase sales, here, rather, I'd like your input
      as to what kind of things are helpful to you with your little ones.
      Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks, Leslie

      Leslieanneshop.Etsy.com (This is the link to my little shop, if
      you;d like to take a peek)
    • seamustim2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2005
        Leslie -

        Your stuff is beautiful. With a trach though, I don't use knit things
        because of stray lint/hairs getting near the trach. The pillow looks
        neat. We happened on a stuffed frog that works great, too! But he cost
        a lot more ... Mine isn't a preemie anymore ... once he was off the
        warming tray and into a he stayed warm and didn't need hats and
        booties anymore ... that's more going home stuff!

        Something I'd like is a little blanket - 12 x 12 ish - that has super
        soft fabrics of different textures (velour, courdoroy, satin, etc.)
        with ribbons of different texture (grosgrain, etc.) for stimulation
        and interest.

        -- Jessica

        --- In Tracheostomy_infants@yahoogroups.com, "Leslie Anne"