Re: Welcome to Tracheostomy_infants@onelist.com

  • Anna Johnsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999
      Hello everyone! I have a six-month-old baby daughter with a tracheostomy
      due to extended vent dependancy, and look forward to hearing from
      this list! I had my daughter home last week, however found her
      care to be overwhelming (even with 24 hour nurses), and decided
      to leave her in a care center for the time being, however I want
      to become comfortable with her care (feedings, through g-tubes,
      I can do alone, however I am not able to suction her without assistance,
      and as for changing the trach tubes, I don't know that I'll ever
      be able to do that!). I hope to have her home soon, but right now
      my health isn't the greatest (recovering from a broken ankle that
      keeps me off my feet much of the time)), and I have two other little
      ones to care for as well. Anna