Re: [Tracfone_Users] How many years ago did Tracfone start up?

  • Jess Patrick Dicus
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 5:55 PM
      Furthermore, TracFone didn't have the same rates as they do now. Back in them days, local calling was 1.0 unit per minute, long distance was 1.5 units per minute, and roaming was 4.0 units per minute. I think roaming went down to 3.0 units per minute before becoming today's 2.0 units per minute.

      Candis <c.inthout@...> wrote: I have probably had one Tracfone or another for 4 to 5 years. I remember one Christmas there was an advertisement to get a free phone, I think it was the old Nokia 282. I believe the ad said it was like a $50 value but it would only cost like $5 or something. I just thought it was too good to be true and stayed skeptical for about another year. My first phone came with 20 minutes, because of the 10 minute card and 10 minutes for registering online. That is when RAF was via mail, not email.