Bad Ebay buy?

  • borntolose3@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2017

      Hi! I bought a new Tracfone, an LG237C, from an Ebay vendor. When I went to activate this with a transfer of my number and remaining service days and minutes, it wouldn't go through on the website. When I went to customer support, I was told that the phone had never been "properly scanned" and couldn't be activated. I contacted the seller, whose only reply to this point is a suggestion that I activate on Page Plus. If I went to the executive resolutions at TF, do y'all think they might override this and activate the phone? The number I have for ER is 1-800-821-0216 (Keva Hall). Does anyone know any better contact info? Thanks!

    • red2dog45
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2017
        Scanning Is done by the retailer using one of the bar codes on the retail box, and is a verification sent to the TF system that the phone was legitimately purchased. A private seller likely would not have a way to do this. Not sure TracFone could (or would) do this remotely. They would at least need proof of purchase, which is not really possible to get to them.

        You could try again with CS, but it does not look good. The 1-800-821-0216 number is for Keva Hall, who is (or was) the CS Manager. Likely you would get redirected to someone else no matter which number you call. Try Chat on the website. It's under Help > Contact Us. Does the eBay seller have a return policy?

      • hpham_53
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2017
          If the seller on Ebay is an authorized dealer (like Shopcelldeals was), then that seller has a way to report the sale to TF. If the seller is just a private person, then he/she bought the phone some place and the merchant didn't scan it properly, or the phone was stolen from a merchant.

          If a receipt exists, then the Ebay seller or the current owner can ask TF to correct the problem. Without a receipt, it's going to be difficult to get TF to do anything about it.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2017
              Thanks for the replies, y'all! At the suggestion of the CSR, I emailed my info to the Case Resolution Team, with cc&p of my ebay receipt and paypal transaction record. I'm waiting for a reply, but this is what I got as an acknowledgment:
              "Your email has been forwarded to our Case Resolution Team for review. We
              will contact you within 24-48 hours from the time we received the email
              with required documents."
              I'll report my results. Have a great day, and Shabbat Shalom!
              Robert

            • ellyce
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 11, 2017
                Have you advised eBay and/or PayPal about this?