Re: jar apps for LG 840G

  • RogerD
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 27, 2013
      Look for apps for the LG T375, which is the global model number for the Tracfone LG840G. LG T310 is the LG800G, and most Java apps for it will work on the 840G. Very few Java apps will work on a touchscreen. The 840G will load all Java apps with a keypad that you can't get rid of. Sometimes it is needed (Google Maps), and sometimes it is just an intrusion on the screen. The 800G would let you choose this.

      It may be "unsigned" and often give warning about being unsupported.
      http://google-maps-for-mobile.en.softonic.com/java

      http://www.mobyware.net/java-os/google-maps-3-0-download-free-216413.html

      More Java apps:
      http://www.mobileheart.com/cell-phone-softwares/3121-LG-T375-Cookie-Smart-Software.aspx

      http://www.mobilerated.com/lg-t375-home.html

      --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "mschein123" wrote:

      > Apparently Google no longer supports Java apps for mobile phones like the LG 840G, so does anyone know of a good free .jar substitute for Google Maps app?
      >
      > Also, can anyone recommend a good English-English dictionary that works with the LG 840G touchscreen?
      >
      > Final note: I love this phone. WIFI is great, no minutes! Sound on both ends of phone is really good (that is what a phone is about). Text and pic messaging works well.
      >
      > Thanks for any help offered.

    • mschein123
      Message 39 of 39 , Feb 5, 2013
        I have my phone set to 6 and hear clearly with decent volume, but have done nothing special except adjust the volume. Sounds stupid, but have you tried repositioning the phone higher or lower against your ear. There is a big difference in volume if the phone is not positioned just right.