Re: Best flip phone

  • gmannix62
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 16, 2013
      I also noticed that TF has the LG440G on their webpage for $20....that might be even a better deal as it has 3G capability....whatever that is...

      --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "gmannix62" wrote:

      > Just bought my wife the lg430,and she loves it.She wanted a flip w/camera so this was perfect.Family dollar is running them at a $10 special for month of January.I picked up a spare to have a battery back-up.
      >
      > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Sarah wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Rodriguezrio, my favorite flip phone is the LG 420G. I don't know which one is, best. But, I believe, that all depends on the user. In this case, your mom. I hope this helps you in some way. Sarah
      > >

      > > ________________________________

    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 16, 2013
        Hi Digby, I'm glad to hear you and your wife have had such luck withe your LG420G's. I suppose I did have my run with lemon phones. Sarah

        ________________________________
        From: Sarah lightoftheway@...>
        To: "Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com" Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 6:52 PM

        Hi Digby, I've got to say, that the LG 420G is my favorite phone. It has all the bells and whistles I want in a phone. However, I had nothing but trouble when I did have it. After a year and a half, it finally froze and died. Honestly, I miss it. Sarah

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 16, 2013
          Hi gmannix62, it's great to know all worked out for your wife. Sarah

          ________________________________
          Just bought my wife the lg430,and she loves it.She wanted a flip w/camera so this was perfect.Family dollar is running them at a $10 special for month of January.I picked up a spare to have a battery back-up.

          --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Sarah wrote:

          > Hi Rodriguezrio, my favorite flip phone is the LG 420G. I don't know which one is, best. But, I believe, that all depends on the user. In this case, your mom. I hope this helps you in some way. Sarah
          >

          > ________________________________

        • RogerD
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 16, 2013
            Another one is the LG440G which is maybe more common at retail stores. Looks to be very much the same as the 430G at the same price. 420G is getting harder to find and sometimes does not come with DMFL.

            --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "gmannix62" wrote:

            > Just bought my wife the lg430,and she loves it.She wanted a flip w/camera so this was perfect.Family dollar is running them at a $10 special for month of January.I picked up a spare to have a battery back-up.
            >
            > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Sarah wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Rodriguezrio, my favorite flip phone is the LG 420G. I don't know which one is, best. But, I believe, that all depends on the user. In this case, your mom. I hope this helps you in some way. Sarah
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • Richard Sheasley
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 16, 2013
              3G - 3rd generation is a data speed for mobile web access, etc. Most low
              end (Tracfone) phones use the slower 2G "Edge" or equal (depending on the
              carrier) for access to data, 3G is faster, and now 4G is the fastest (and a
              long way off from being available from Tracfone probably too)....

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wireless_data_standards

              Richard Sheasley

              At 06:38 PM 2013-01-16 +0000, you wrote:

              >I also noticed that TF has the LG440G on their webpage for $20....that
              >might be even a better deal as it has 3G capability....whatever that is...
              >
              >--- In
              ><mailto:Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com>Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com,
              >"gmannix62" wrote:
              > >
              > > Just bought my wife the lg430,and she loves it.She wanted a flip
              > w/camera so this was perfect.Family dollar is running them at a $10
              > special for month of January.I picked up a spare to have a battery back-up.
              > >
              > > --- In
              > <mailto:Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com>Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com,
              > Sarah wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Rodriguezrio, my favorite flip phone is the LG 420G. I don't know
              > which one is, best. But, I believe, that all depends on the user. In this
              > case, your mom. I hope this helps you in some way. Sarah
              > > >

              > > > ________________________________

            • Karma Pieces
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 16, 2013
                It wasn't just you. Quite a lot of people on HowardForums had trouble too.

                On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Sarah <lightoftheway@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Hi Digby, I'm glad to hear you and your wife have had such luck withe your
                > LG420G's. I suppose I did have my run with lemon phones. Sarah
                >

                > ________________________________

              • gmannix62
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 17, 2013
                  You put a big smile on my face,Richard....when I hit send on that message to Rodriguez I thought to myself'" I'll bet nastaracer pipes in and explains that to me." and sure enuff....but, thanx for that,friend, and simply put, too, for us simpler people

                  --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Richard Sheasley wrote:

                  > 3G - 3rd generation is a data speed for mobile web access, etc. Most low
                  > end (Tracfone) phones use the slower 2G "Edge" or equal (depending on the
                  > carrier) for access to data, 3G is faster, and now 4G is the fastest (and a
                  > long way off from being available from Tracfone probably too)....
                  >
                  > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wireless_data_standards
                  >
                  > Richard Sheasley
                  >

                  > At 06:38 PM 2013-01-16 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >

                  > >I also noticed that TF has the LG440G on their webpage for $20....that
                  > >might be even a better deal as it has 3G capability....whatever that is...
                  > >
                  > >--- In
                  > > Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com,
                  > >"gmannix62" wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Just bought my wife the lg430,and she loves it.She wanted a flip
                  > > w/camera so this was perfect.Family dollar is running them at a $10
                  > > special for month of January.I picked up a spare to have a battery back-up.
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In
                  > > Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com,

                  > > which one is, best. But, I believe, that all depends on the user. In this
                  > > case, your mom. I hope this helps you in some way. Sarah

                • RogerD
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 17, 2013
                    3G is quite a bit faster than 2G Edge - at least 3X. I use it often with my LG840G for things than don't need much bandwidth. The cost is only .5 airtime minutes for 1 minute use.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 17, 2013
                      The LG440G is mistakenly listed by Tracfone as having Wi-Fi - Not true! This is not listed on any other site that sells this phone, and is not in the User Guide.

                      Noticed you have to look at both the Shop Phones and Browse All Phones sections on the Tracfone site to see everything available. The LG430G is in the latter and has no 3G. You want 3G, as it makes Mobile Web much more usable and cheaper.

                      --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "gmannix62" wrote:

                      > I also noticed that TF has the LG440G on their webpage for $20....that might be even a better deal as it has 3G capability....whatever that is...

                    • juliesgametoy
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 17, 2013
                        Thanks all for your input. I bought my Mom the LG440G. She's happy with it
                        and
                        that's what counts. This phone is a lot faster than her old LG600.
                        J Rod

                      • Sarah
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 17, 2013
                          Hi J Rod, I'm glad to hear your mom's happy with her phone. That's all that counts. Your right about that! Sarah