Re: [Tracfone_Users] LG840g Black screen problem and solution

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 20, 2012
      Hi Rich-acer, thanks for saying that! Just yesterday, I went looking at that exact phone to move into. I didn't buy it though. However, I will be doing so soon. I would also like to know of any flaws with the phone, what so ever? Sarah

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 20, 2012
        Interesting it would do that. The whole screen is conductive, and you would think a touch would be needed at the sensor to blank the screen.

        How well does the protector work for screen sensitivity? Was considering getting some even though I don't tend to scratch the screen in normal use. Don't pocket carry, and wipe my fingers before touching the screen. Can happen from a drop on rough ground though.

        Small comment: you may know that the manual you linked for an LG840 is actually the Spyder II model and not LG840G which is unique to the Tracfone. Proper manual from LG is for the T375 Cookie Smart

        --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "Rich-acer" <rlinnemann@...> wrote:

        > My phone's screen was going black and all features were deactivated
        > everytime I made a call after I put on a screen shield. The only way to
        > disconnect the call was to try to shut it down and this took awhile. It
        > appears that the LG840g has a proximity sensor next to the speaker and if
        > covered it can be activated. I fixed the problem by cutting the screen
        > shield back to below the speaker.
        >
        > Here is a discription of the proximity sensor that I found on LG's site.
        > http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LG840
        > 2.Proximity Sensor When close (within 2-3 cm) to this sensor during a call,
        > LCD turns off allowing you to only adjust volume or end the call so that you
        > don't inadvertently activate a feature.

      • tfdeal
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 20, 2012
          I have a anti-glare screen protector on my LG840 and it works perfect. It is the only anti-glare I have been able to find and
          came from a vendor in Germany.

          It does not hinder any touch sensitivity at all. Also have one of
          the gel cases from the ebay vendor in Spain. Its not what I want, but
          is the only case I have found so far.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
            Hi tfdeal, I'm considering purchasing that same phone. I'd like to know the venders websites if possible? Thanks, Sarah

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
              Sarah: Here are the ebay sellers for the matt screen protector and gel case. Think I found the gel case vendor on this blog.

              Golebo Semi-Matt screen protector for LG T375 Cookie Smart
              Member id displaysafeguard | Feedback Score Of 43579 | 99.0%
              GBP 4.25 (this is pounds). Is $6.91 Free shipping

              Funda Carcasa Flexigel Flexi Gel TPU LG T395 T375
              Comes in about 4 colors
              Member id alkala2003 | Feedback Score Of 28676 | 99.9%
              EUR 2.45 + EUR 1.75. Is about $5.59 dollars.

              --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Sarah <lightoftheway@...> wrote:

              > Hi tfdeal, I'm considering purchasing that same phone. I'd like to know the venders websites if possible? Thanks, Sarah
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Pueblo Golf Bum
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
                On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:22:11 -0600, tfdeal <tfdeal@...> wrote:

                > Sarah: Here are the ebay sellers for the matt screen protector and gel
                > case. Think I found the gel >case vendor on this blog.

                What is the recommended case/pouch for the LG 840g?

                --
                Richard
                The Golf Bum

              • Sarah
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 21, 2012
                  Hi tfdeal, thanks for the links. I'll look into them. Sarah