Re: LG800g questions (ringtones)

  • tfdeal
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 7, 2011
      I also got burned by Tracfone buying ringtone(s). Never got the download, but did get charged for it. Here is a website where you
      can make your own ringtones from a song you upload to the site from your computer: http://www.makeownringtone.com/ It is completely free.

      The entire song is uploaded, then you choose the portion of the song
      you want for the ringtone. I have the LG800 and found that even 30 sec. was too long. A 27 sec. ring works so you will have to test it on your phone. The ringtones will be stored in your music folder along with your other songs. Give the ringtone a unique name so you can find it when choosing your call ringtone.

      --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "kentucky_dan" <kentucky_dan@...> wrote:

      > Can you give me any pointers where I might buy or download
      > different ring tones?
      > I looked around the TF website and they have very few.
      > Even though I was logged into my account when I went looking for
      > ringtones I had to give the phone serial number and my password
      > again.... Once I got to the page it didn't seem to load correctly
      > on my computer using Firefox web browser.
      >
      > I hope we can use ringtones from other sources???
    • kentucky_dan
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2011
        So I guess you're saying any MP3 song less than 27 seconds
        might/should work??
        I have an MP3 editor so clipping the file is easy if that's
        all I need to do.

        FYI I googled and found this site that has ringtones and some
        basic games that it says will work on the LG800g.
        I'm pretty sure my wife would like the solitaire so I'll give it
        a try as soon as I get a 4 gig micro SD card in there.

        http://www.umnet.com/mobile-games/0-4918-91-java_240x320_games_touchscreen-0

        Here's a tiny URL in case word wrap broke the one above--
        http://tinyurl.com/c9yx8qo

        Have any of you tried anything from that site?
        It says free but I don't know if it will try to hook me when
        I actually go for the download.....

        We are still on the fence about keeping this phone.
        I basically paid for a year service and got a free phone but it's
        so weak signal wise we may have to abandon it and go back to her
        old LG600g which was very basic but it WORKED to make phone
        calls. (What a concept!!)

        Peace!
        KyDan

        --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "tfdeal" <tfdeal@...> wrote:
        .... I have the LG800 and found that even 30 sec. was too long. A 27 sec. ring works so you will have to test it on your phone.
      • RichardH
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 10, 2011
          --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "kentucky_dan" <kentucky_dan@...> wrote:
          ...>
          > FYI I googled and found this site that has ringtones and some
          > basic games that it says will work on the LG800g.
          > I'm pretty sure my wife would like the solitaire so I'll give it
          > a try as soon as I get a 4 gig micro SD card in there.
          >
          > http://www.umnet.com/mobile-games/0-4918-91-java_240x320_games_touchscreen-0
          >
          > Here's a tiny URL in case word wrap broke the one above--
          > http://tinyurl.com/c9yx8qo

          > Peace!
          > KyDan

          I tried every SUPPOSEDLY free download site I could find when I got my LG800g in August. Every one, including tinyurl.com led to a site that has HORRIBLE reviews all over --- check'em on Google

          The only way/place I found was by using the browser that's on your phone and going through Gameloft. Make sure you can maintain a good lock on the url,most of the time it took several retries before I got what I was buying with my minutes -- usually 49.9 min per game an 2 for 1 usually didn't work.

          good luck, let us know if you find a really GOOD place to get games.
          Since your wife (and mine) love solitaire, I recommend Platinum Solitaire 3.

          Denali89107

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 10, 2011
            Thanks Richard!
            I've saved this info and will give Gameloft a try.

            My ignorance is showing again-- is it possible to download
            a game via computer and then upload it to the LG800g using
            the appropriate USB cable or by plugging the micro SD card from
            the phone into the card reader in my PC?

            Thank-you all for your comments and suggestions.
            FYI Shopcelldeals on Ebay is an up front recommended seller.
            They answer my questions immediately.
            They have offered to replace my wife's LG800g.
            I think we'll try a new one.

            I am doubtful that another one will have a stronger signal but her new
            phone is a LOT weaker than her old LG600g.
            She said she'll keep it but --reality check-- much like Robert said,
            we need the phone to make calls. (we kinda like the digital
            camera too)

            Peace!
            KyDan