Re: Individual phone number call blocking

  • rmtaylor_co
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
      Following is the approach I take on my LG 800G. Although it effectively blocks my phone from actively ringing when the specified numbers call, the call is still redirected to my voice mailbox, so there is still a chance that they might leave a message. The call is still documented in the "Recent Calls" list.

      1. I add the unwanted caller's number to the end of my phone's contact list under a name beginning beginning with "z" so I don't have to stumble across across it when scrolling down through the list. I categorize it in the "School" group -- a category I don't otherwise use (more on this later). My "junk" calls are listed zjunk1, zjunk2 ...

      2. I then instruct the phone to reject all calls in the "School" group. Exiting from Contacts, go to Settings / Call / Common Settings / Call Reject. Under "Reject List", I select "Groups." Under "Reject Group1", I select the category "School." Make sure you enable (turn on) the "Reject" function -- the first item in the Call Reject menu -- and then "Save" your changes to exit.

      Obviously, if you use the "School" group for legitimate contacts, you'll want to select a different and unique group category for your "junk" call list. Group types aren't user-customizable on my LG 800G, but in addition to "School", you can select from "Family", "Friends", "Colleagues", and "VIP."

      I haven't had this up and running long enough to be able to state its effectiveness, but thought I'd share my approach on this specific phone.

      Hope this helps.

      Rob