Re: [Tracfone_Users] How to tell if Tracfone has DMFL

  • Woody
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
      Try this page.

      http://preprepaid.com/tracfonehelp.php

      On 2/28/2011 2:00 PM, n88ey wrote:
      > I've had several Tracfones and can not remember which ones have DMFL. Is there a way I can tell which ones have DMFL?
      >
      > Thanks for any advice.
      > Gotta Fly - Sky Queen

    • Richard Sheasley
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
        If you are purchasing a phone in a store- the bar code and model number on
        the bottom of every phone will have a DM code in it at the end then it is a
        double minutes phone. The model will be TFXX###Y or TF XX###YDM - where TF
        is Tracfone, XX will be the manufacturer code (SM for Samsung, LG for LG,
        MT for Motorola, etc.) ### will be the phone model 220, 600, 376, etc. and
        Y is G for GSM phone or C for CDMA. Some model numbers may have a few more
        letters like P (promotional bonus package with some sort of extra like a
        universal accessory kit included), or possibly an R for reconditioned

        Most also have a sticker on the package or a red/orange includes Double
        Minutes on the one side of the green description frame. Like in the
        packaging photo of this one I took:
        http://tracfone-blog.fone-review.com/2009/04/tracfone-samsung-t301g-review-part-1.html

        If you are going onto the Tracfone web site and purchasing a phone
        directly- then their description will clearly state:
        INCLUDES DOUBLE MINUTES FOR LIFE

        Richard Sheasley

      • annepani@cfl.rr.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
          When you click on the link to test DMFL it says 'This test is no longer available.' It then goes on to give an explanation of why.

          ---- Woody <waterk9@...> wrote:
          > Try this page.
          >
          > http://preprepaid.com/tracfonehelp.php
          >
          > On 2/28/2011 2:00 PM, n88ey wrote:
          > > I've had several Tracfones and can not remember which ones have DMFL. Is there a way I can tell which ones have DMFL?
          > >
          > > Thanks for any advice.
          > > Gotta Fly - Sky Queen
        • Richard Sheasley
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
            Have not used it recently so no idea if the process still works- but may
            want to try this tutorial if it is an existing phone that has been opened
            or used before:

            http://thejmart.com/dmtest.htm

            Richard Sheasley

          • CG205@YAHOO.COM
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
              If you are purchasing a phone in a store- the bar code and model number on

              the bottom of every phone will have a DM code in it at the end then it is a
              double minutes phone.

              My LG231C had all that when I bought it, but yesterday when I added minutes for the first time, they did not double.

            • annepani@cfl.rr.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
                This is the same method that prepaid.com says does not work anymore. We should contact jimates and ask him to remove it.

                ---- Richard Sheasley <rsheasley@...> wrote:
                > Have not used it recently so no idea if the process still works- but may want to try this tutorial if it is an existing phone that has been opened or used before:
                >
                > http://thejmart.com/dmtest.htm
                >
                > Richard Sheasley
                >
                > At 12:34 PM 2011-03-01 -0500, you wrote:
                > >
                > >When you click on the link to test DMFL it says 'This test is no longer available.' It then goes on to give an explanation of why.
                >
                > >---- Woody <<mailto:waterk9%40gmail.com>waterk9@...> wrote:
                > > > Try this page.
                > > >
                > > <http://preprepaid.com/tracfonehelp.php>http://preprepaid.com/tracfonehelp.php
              • n88ey
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 1, 2011
                  This process worked! I knew phone "A" had DMFL. I thought phone "B" did NOT have DMFL but wasn't sure. I tried this test - Phone "A" did not display the DMFL option. Phone "B" does have the DMFL option available. Now I can add DMFL to Phone "B" and be good to go!

                  Thanks you!
                  Gotta Fly - Sky Queen

                  --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Richard Sheasley <rsheasley@...> wrote:

                  > Have not used it recently so no idea if the process still works- but may
                  > want to try this tutorial if it is an existing phone that has been opened
                  > or used before:
                  >
                  > http://thejmart.com/dmtest.htm
                  >
                  > Richard Sheasley
                  >

                  > At 12:34 PM 2011-03-01 -0500, you wrote:
                  > >

                  > >When you click on the link to test DMFL it says 'This test is no longer
                  > >available.' It then goes on to give an explanation of why.
                  > >
                  > >---- Woody <<mailto:waterk9%40gmail.com>waterk9@...> wrote:
                  > > > Try this page.
                  > > >

                  > > <http://preprepaid.com/tracfonehelp.php>http://preprepaid.com/tracfonehelp.php

                  > > Is there a way I can tell which ones have DMFL?

                • Robert Stoddard
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 5, 2011

                    http://stores.ebay.com/shopcelldeals/_i.html?_nkw=tracfone&_sid=161278661

                    Note his $82 price for 400/1 year, and $32 for 200/90. RKS

                  • Robert
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 5, 2011
                      Amen to "shopcelldeals"! They've been my "stand-by" for some time, now. Good people, and a good operation.