Re: Does Tracfone really have a blackberry available?

  • Gerra
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2011
      This seems pretty "iffy"! The descriptions all say either "Tracfone
      might work on ths phone", or "Tracfone Blackberry phones might include
      the 8500 series", or "Please check with Tracfone if this service is
      compatible". I would need to see more definitive proof than that before
      I laid out between $300 to $500 for a Tracfone. [:O] It seems to me to
      be one incredible way to defeat the purpose of using Tracfone to save
      money (which is the reason I use Tracfone). What do you think????
      [:-?]

      Gerra

      --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "plantsman" <plantsman@...>
      wrote:

      > Tracfone Blackberry Bold RIM
      >
      > http://www.joythumb.com/tracfone/blackberry-c-25.html

    • plantsman
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2011
        $300+ is too much for a phone, IMO. Tracfones phones are not the lastest models out, but inexpensive and serve the purpose for what they are intended. My feeling is smart phones will be at some point available for the service. Wal-mart's Straight Talk(operated by Tracfone) has blackberries available now if you wish to paid the price for one. As technology changes, prices will decline. Just takes time.

        --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "Gerra" <gerra1@...> wrote:

        > This seems pretty "iffy"! The descriptions all say either "Tracfone
        > might work on ths phone", or "Tracfone Blackberry phones might include
        > the 8500 series", or "Please check with Tracfone if this service is
        > compatible". I would need to see more definitive proof than that before
        > I laid out between $300 to $500 for a Tracfone. [:O] It seems to me to
        > be one incredible way to defeat the purpose of using Tracfone to save
        > money (which is the reason I use Tracfone). What do you think????
        > [:-?]
        >
        > Gerra
        >
        > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "plantsman" <plantsman@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Tracfone Blackberry Bold RIM
        > >
        > > http://www.joythumb.com/tracfone/blackberry-c-25.html

      • joe_cell2007
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2011
          ST blackberry's? Can you provide a link to that info?

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2011
            Joe, I need to make a correction from the previous post. I meant to say blackberry style smartphone such as the LG 900G. No RIM blackberries yet being marketed at ST. Sorry for the error.

            Here's a link to the regular and smartphones with QWERTY, etc.

            http://www.straighttalk.com/Phones