Re: [Tracfone_Users] best tracfone

  • BrainmanMedia Services
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
      Mine is a Moto W175g which has good reception since it uses AT&T towers in my local area.It comes in handy to call in prescription refills,make doctor appointments,call for rides to the city,etc.A Good fone for emergencies as well.I love it's color display.Noble at BrainmanMedia Services Studios
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
        I believe the radios in the motorola handsets, any one of them, are superior to the others. But that's just my opinion....and you know what they say........

        --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, mshelby <mshelbys@...> wrote:

        > which is the tracfone, net10 or straightalk phone has the best reception? Is
        > there a review or website that could have this information? I do know that in my
        > area AT&T sims work bettter but my T301 reception is terrible. thanx
        >

        > ________________________________

      • cell_br549
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
          The best voice quality of the various Tracs I have owned is the W376g Motorola. It is/was a signal magnet with exceptional VQ. It was able to grab a signal in places no other phone I owned at the time would. I handed it to my wife once because the person I was talking to wanted to talk to her. After she ended the conversation she said "that phone really sounds good". Other than the 2 qualities I just mentioned I didn't care much for the phone. As a matter of fact I haven't cared much for any Tracfone I've ever had.

          --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "joe_cell2007" <joe_cell2007@...> wrote:

          > I believe the radios in the motorola handsets, any one of them, are superior to the others. But that's just my opinion....and you know what they say........
          >
          > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, mshelby <mshelbys@> wrote:
          > >
          > > which is the tracfone, net10 or straightalk phone has the best reception? Is
          > > there a review or website that could have this information? I do know that in my
          > > area AT&T sims work bettter but my T301 reception is terrible. thanx
          > >

          > > ________________________________

        • Woody
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
            As mentioned Motorola often have best reception all things equal.
            But you didn't say what network your T301 was on. It can have an ATT SIM
            or a TMobile. We get ATT great here but even a Motorola with a TMobile
            SIM can connect.
            Which SIM do you have?

            >>> which is the tracfone, net10 or straightalk phone has the best reception? Is
            >>> there a review or website that could have this information? I do know that in my
            >>> area AT&T sims work bettter but my T301 reception is terrible. thanx

          • barnabywalker
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
              Motorola W376g on ATT has been very good in reception and sound.

              Only issue was 2 or 3 bot calls per day when first got it. Put number in "no-call-list" and that problem was fixed after about a month.

              Barnaby

              --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "cell_br549" <riparian_b@...> wrote:

              > The best voice quality of the various Tracs I have owned is the W376g Motorola. It is/was a signal magnet with exceptional VQ. It was able to grab a signal in places no other phone I owned at the time would. I handed it to my wife once because the person I was talking to wanted to talk to her. After she ended the conversation she said "that phone really sounds good". Other than the 2 qualities I just mentioned I didn't care much for the phone. As a matter of fact I haven't cared much for any Tracfone I've ever had.
              >
              > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "joe_cell2007" <joe_cell2007@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I believe the radios in the motorola handsets, any one of them, are superior to the others. But that's just my opinion....and you know what they say........
              > >
              > > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, mshelby <mshelbys@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > which is the tracfone, net10 or straightalk phone has the best reception? Is
              > > > there a review or website that could have this information? I do know that in my
              > > > area AT&T sims work bettter but my T301 reception is terrible. thanx
              > > >

              > > > ________________________________

            • Karma Pieces
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                Are you sure your T301 has a AT&T sim? A lot of that model seems to have
                been sold with T-Mobile sims in them.

                On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM, mshelby <mshelbys@...> wrote:

                > which is the tracfone, net10 or straightalk phone has the best reception?
                > Is
                > there a review or website that could have this information? I do know that
                > in my
                > area AT&T sims work bettter but my T301 reception is terrible. thanx
                >
                > ________________________________

              • Woody
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                  Sorry... a Motorola with a TMobile SIM can Not connect here. Same model
                  Motorola with an ATT SIM gets great reception, sound and bars.
                  Woody
                  ====
                  Woody previously said...
                  As mentioned Motorola often have best reception all things equal.
                  But you didn't say what network your T301 was on. It can have an ATT SIM
                  or a TMobile. We get ATT great here but even a Motorola with a TMobile
                  SIM can connect.
                  Which SIM do you have?

                  >>> which is the tracfone, net10 or straightalk phone has the best reception? Is
                  >>> there a review or website that could have this information? I do know that in my
                  >>> area AT&T sims work bettter but my T301 reception is terrible. thanx

                • mshelby
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                    when I first got the T301 it had a TM sim. There was not any reception
                    whatsoever. I have changed it to an At&t sim( not easy with cs, it took about 12
                    weeks). The reception is barely ok but I would like to get something better. My
                    old phone, moto370 had great reception , even indoors. How is the texting on the
                    w376? Does it have T9?

                    thanx

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                      Honest, don't know about T9 but recall it does. It is a nice phone if
                      you can find one.
                      Here is an old review, may have text info and at the end in the remarks
                      part maybe a link to a manual. Tried to copy the link

                      http://pbush14.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/motorola-w376g-tracfone-review-part-1/

                      http://www.motorola.com/Hellomoto/Master%20Lists/Product%20Manuals/Static%20Files/US-EN/W377g_UG_.pdf

                      Woody

                      On 1/4/2011 11:18 AM, mshelby wrote:
                      > when I first got the T301 it had a TM sim. There was not any reception
                      > whatsoever. I have changed it to an At&t sim( not easy with cs, it took about 12
                      > weeks). The reception is barely ok but I would like to get something better. My
                      > old phone, moto370 had great reception , even indoors. How is the texting on the
                      > w376? Does it have T9?
                      >

                      > thanx

                    • joe_cell2007
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                        mshelby,
                        When you say "reception is barely ok" what exactly do you mean? Are you unable to connect to a tower and/or dropping calls? Or are you referring to the signal strength meter showing lesser bars than on other handsets?

                        --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, mshelby <mshelbys@...> wrote:

                        > when I first got the T301 it had a TM sim. There was not any reception
                        > whatsoever. I have changed it to an At&t sim( not easy with cs, it took about 12
                        > weeks). The reception is barely ok but I would like to get something better. My
                        > old phone, moto370 had great reception , even indoors. How is the texting on the
                        > w376? Does it have T9?
                        >

                        > thanx
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • n3yjc_david
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                          Just curious, mshelby,
                          why did you feel it was necessary to hijack & change the heading the "eaglesfan" thread - "I had an issue with a returned phone--new contact info for Tracfone" ?

                          instead of starting a new thread?

                          I received an email from this lady, just thought her contact info might be
                          helpful to others in the future.

                          Betty A. Butler
                          TracFone Wireless, Inc
                          Refunds
                          1(800) 626-4883 Ext. 6142
                          Fax: 1(800) 821 0216
                          bbutler@...
                          Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm

                          Mon Jan 3, 2011 2:18 pm

                          Show Message Info

                          #42170 of 42187
                          Msg List <Prev | Next>
                          Use Fixed Width Font
                          Unwrap Lines

                          "eaglesfan"
                        • mshelby
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                            The signal strength would show 2 bars, then 1, then none. I would have 2 bars,
                            make a call, and then get "call failed". 2 bars is the highest signal it would
                            show. It is a nice phone but too unreliable.

                            ________________________________

                          • annepani@cfl.rr.com
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                              I agree. mshelby should have started a new thread.

                              Where are the moderators?

                              ---- n3yjc_david <n3yjc_david@...> wrote:
                              > Just curious, mshelby,
                              > why did you feel it was necessary to hijack & change the heading the "eaglesfan" thread - "I had an issue with a returned phone--new contact info for Tracfone" ?
                              >
                              > instead of starting a new thread?
                              >

                              > I received an email from this lady, just thought her contact info might be
                              > helpful to others in the future.
                              >
                              > Betty A. Butler
                              > TracFone Wireless, Inc
                              > Refunds
                              > 1(800) 626-4883 Ext. 6142
                              > Fax: 1(800) 821 0216
                              > bbutler@...
                              > Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm
                              >

                              > Mon Jan 3, 2011 2:18 pm
                              >

                              > Show Message Info
                              >
                              > #42170 of 42187
                              > Msg List <Prev | Next>
                              > Use Fixed Width Font
                              > Unwrap Lines

                              > "eaglesfan"

                            • mshelby
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                I am a newbie. I am sorry for not doing this the correct way

                                ________________________________
                                I agree. mshelby should have started a new thread.

                                Where are the moderators?

                                ---- n3yjc_david <n3yjc_david@...> wrote:
                                > Just curious, mshelby,
                                > why did you feel it was necessary to hijack & change the heading the
                                >"eaglesfan" thread - "I had an issue with a returned phone--new contact info
                                >for Tracfone" ?
                                >
                                > instead of starting a new thread?
                                >

                                > I received an email from this lady, just thought her contact info might be
                                > helpful to others in the future.
                                >
                                > Betty A. Butler
                                > TracFone Wireless, Inc
                                > Refunds
                                > 1(800) 626-4883 Ext. 6142
                                > Fax: 1(800) 821 0216
                                > bbutler@...
                                > Monday Friday 9 am 6 pm
                                >

                                > Mon Jan 3, 2011 2:18 pm
                                >

                                > Show Message Info
                                >
                                > #42170 of 42187
                                > Msg List <Prev | Next>
                                > Use Fixed Width Font
                                > Unwrap Lines

                                > "eaglesfan"

                              • Karma Pieces
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                  mshelby,

                                  Next time you want to start a thread just send an e-mail to
                                  Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com <Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com> and then
                                  put the subject in the subject line. That's the easiest way to start your
                                  own thread without having to go to the group on Yahoo to start one there. We
                                  were all new once to these kind of groups so now you know how things work,

                                  On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM, mshelby <mshelbys@...> wrote:

                                  > I am a newbie. I am sorry for not doing this the correct way
                                  >
                                  > ________________________________

                                • SweetHeart Taurus
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                    Don't sweat the small stuff :).  Hope you enjoy being in the group.

                                    SweetHeartTaurus

                                    I am a newbie. I am sorry for not doing this the correct way

                                  • L M
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                      Sheesh, people sure do make mountains out of molehills. This is Yahoo, not rocket science. Loosen up and let people with good intentions post without such a fuss. Some of you have bad spelling. Cast the first stone.

                                      --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Karma Pieces <karmapieces@...> wrote:

                                      > mshelby,
                                      >
                                      > Next time you want to start a thread just send an e-mail to
                                      > Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com <Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com> and then
                                      > put the subject in the subject line. That's the easiest way to start your
                                      > own thread without having to go to the group on Yahoo to start one there. We
                                      > were all new once to these kind of groups so now you know how things work,
                                      >

                                      > On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM, mshelby <mshelbys@...> wrote:
                                      >

                                      > > I am a newbie. I am sorry for not doing this the correct way
                                      > >
                                      > > ________________________________

                                    • Karma Pieces
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                        I wasn't making a mountain out of a molehill. I was just letting mshelby
                                        know how to start their own thread so people wouldn't jump on them again. At
                                        least I gave some guidance and didn't complain. If I came across as rude it
                                        wasn't my intention.

                                        On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM, L M <kitobu@...> wrote:

                                        > Sheesh, people sure do make mountains out of molehills. This is Yahoo, not
                                        > rocket science. Loosen up and let people with good intentions post without
                                        > such a fuss. Some of you have bad spelling. Cast the first stone.
                                        >

                                        > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com <Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                        > Karma Pieces <karmapieces@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > mshelby,
                                        > >
                                        > > Next time you want to start a thread just send an e-mail to
                                        > > Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com <Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com><Tracfone_Users%
                                        > 40yahoogroups.com> and then
                                        >
                                        > > put the subject in the subject line. That's the easiest way to start your
                                        > > own thread without having to go to the group on Yahoo to start one there.
                                        > We
                                        > > were all new once to these kind of groups so now you know how things
                                        > work,
                                        > >

                                        > > On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM, mshelby <mshelbys@...> wrote:
                                        > >

                                        > > > I am a newbie. I am sorry for not doing this the correct way
                                        > > >
                                        > > > ________________________________
                                        > > > From: "annepani@... <annepani%40cfl.rr.com>" <annepani@...<annepani%
                                        > 40cfl.rr.com>

                                      • L M
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                          I was talking in general for the future. Everybody here is exceptionally polite, thank goodness. We have a great team.

                                        • joe_cell2007
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                                            I take offense to being called "exceptionally polite".......it is not the image I want to portray.......where's the 'report post' button?...........jk

                                            I must agree that as a whole this is by far the most well behaved forum that I am a part of. Scary sometimes...........

                                            --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, "L M" <kitobu@...> wrote:

                                            > I was talking in general for the future. Everybody here is exceptionally polite, thank goodness. We have a great team.
                                            >
                                            > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com, Karma Pieces <karmapieces@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > I wasn't making a mountain out of a molehill. I was just letting mshelby
                                            > > know how to start their own thread so people wouldn't jump on them again. At
                                            > > least I gave some guidance and didn't complain. If I came across as rude it
                                            > > wasn't my intention.
                                            > >

                                            > > On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM, L M <kitobu@> wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > > Sheesh, people sure do make mountains out of molehills. This is Yahoo, not
                                            > > > rocket science. Loosen up and let people with good intentions post without
                                            > > > such a fuss. Some of you have bad spelling. Cast the first stone.
                                            > > >

                                            > > > --- In Tracfone_Users@yahoogroups.com <Tracfone_Users%40yahoogroups.com>,

                                            > > > 40yahoogroups.com> and then

                                            > > > We
                                            > > > work,

                                            > > > 40cfl.rr.com>

                                          • Andrew Haninger
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jan 5, 2011
                                              On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:18 PM, eaglesfan <eaglesfan76@...> wrote:

                                              > I received an email from this lady, just thought her contact info might
                                              > be helpful to others in the future.

                                              We *might* want to be careful passing around info for internal TF staff, no
                                              matter how helpful they are and even if they openly permit it. Just to show
                                              some courtesy. They are people, after all.

                                              Generally these people are able to provide you exceptional customer service
                                              because they don't have 10,000 other people contacting them. "Regular CS"
                                              isn't poor because the CSRs just really enjoy doing a bad job. It's poor
                                              because good CS is expensive and the TF service is cheap. Yet there are
                                              still lots of people who need help, so TF hires CSRs to do high-pressure
                                              jobs for low wages in foreign countries and probably does a minimum of
                                              training and instead invests the money into making "Carlos' System" easier
                                              to use.

                                              The more this internal CS information is passed around, the poorer these
                                              people become at their jobs and, eventually, the less likely we will be to
                                              get this information and high-quality customer service. What ever happened
                                              to calling "Executive Resolutions"?

                                              Andy