Re: safelink tracfone

  • L M
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
      You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.

      The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.

    • annepani@cfl.rr.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
        SafeLink minutes do double if your SafeLink service is on a DMFL phone as mine is. And it doesn't matter if you apply a Tracfone card or a SafeLink card (available only at CVS pharmacies) or buy minutes online. Also, SafeLink offers promo bonus codes of its own which they notify you about by no-charge text msgs or postcard.

        ---- L M <kitobu@...> wrote:
        > You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.
        >
        > The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
          thanks

          Jimmy

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
            COOL thanks you two
            Jimmy

            ---- L M <kitobu@...> wrote:
            > You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.
            >
            > The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.

          • mshelby
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 3, 2010
              customer service supervisor from safelink informed me that safelink minutes do
              not double on a free monthly safelink service with a DMFL phone. The minutes
              will double only from purchased minutes. I am confused

              ________________________________

              ---- L M <kitobu@...> wrote:
              > You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your
              >Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be
              >sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free
              >with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred
              >and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those
              >phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.
              >
              > The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost
              >structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they
              >are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a
              >safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.

            • n3yjc_david
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2010
                OK. On a phone with DMFL, the free minutes you receive each month from Safe Link do NOT double.
                Only minutes you purchase will double.