safelink tracfone

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hi,

      well I appyed and was aproved for Safelink. There send out te phone which is I thought the gal said LG 200 (she was hard to understand). Here Is my questoin My current phone a Kyocera K126c was givin to me by a freind and 5 yrs ago when he upgraded his phone. It has mins on it but right now its on the family plan. So as I understand I have to unroll it in that plan to tranfer the Mins to my New safelink phone. If for some reson I cant tranfer them to my safelink phone Can I somhow tranfer those mins to my wife phone? I was on the safe link site looking at air time cards there was listed like this see link below:

      https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/buy_airtime.aspx

      So you can buy either sahelink mins or tracfone mins. OK was cool. I also hoping if the phone is not aready double mins I pick up a card.

      Also my one dughter is going with a other than tracfone So she does mins still on her tracfone can I tranfer these mins to a aready active trace fone. I thinking it mite be a good idea to keep the 2 that will hopfully be able to tranfer mins for to phone that will be being used around. even if there in a draw

      thoughts?

      Jimmy

    • annepani@cfl.rr.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
        You can also transfer your SafeLink phone onto a Tracfone.

        SafeLink sent me a W175 which I activated. Then I transferred that onto my active Tracfone W376 which had over 500 minutes on it. The W376 became my SafeLink phone, the W175 was deactivated and my (now SafeLink) W376 had all my SafeLink PLUS Tracfone minutes on it.

        And I got to keep my fancy dancy W376 with all my contacts, pictures, etc on it.
        ---- Jim <kc9pxz@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > well I appyed and was aproved for Safelink. There send out te phone which is I thought the gal said LG 200 (she was hard to understand). Here Is my questoin My current phone a Kyocera K126c was givin to me by a freind and 5 yrs ago when he upgraded his phone. It has mins on it but right now its on the family plan. So as I understand I have to unroll it in that plan to tranfer the Mins to my New safelink phone. If for some reson I cant tranfer them to my safelink phone Can I somhow tranfer those mins to my wife phone?
      • L M
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
          You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.

          The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.

        • annepani@cfl.rr.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
            SafeLink minutes do double if your SafeLink service is on a DMFL phone as mine is. And it doesn't matter if you apply a Tracfone card or a SafeLink card (available only at CVS pharmacies) or buy minutes online. Also, SafeLink offers promo bonus codes of its own which they notify you about by no-charge text msgs or postcard.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
              thanks

              Jimmy

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
                COOL thanks you two
                Jimmy

                ---- L M <kitobu@...> wrote:
                > You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.
                >
                > The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.

              • mshelby
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2010
                  customer service supervisor from safelink informed me that safelink minutes do
                  not double on a free monthly safelink service with a DMFL phone. The minutes
                  will double only from purchased minutes. I am confused

                  ________________________________

                  ---- L M <kitobu@...> wrote:
                  > You can transfer paid Tracfone minutes to any other Tracfone or to your
                  >Safelink Tracfone. Safelinks are allowed to acquire Tracfone minutes. Just be
                  >sure that you are not transferring any of the Tracfone minutes that come free
                  >with a new phone. Those activation minutes are not supposed to be transferred
                  >and Tracfone will get very cross with you. But I'm sure you have had those
                  >phones long enough to burn off the first 10 or 20 minutes.
                  >
                  > The difference between Tracfone minutes and Safelink minutes is the cost
                  >structure. Safelink minutes are a better deal to buy, but I don't know if they
                  >are subject to doubling as the regular minutes are. The program is more of a
                  >safety net than a plan for heavy talkers.

                • n3yjc_david
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 3, 2010
                    OK. On a phone with DMFL, the free minutes you receive each month from Safe Link do NOT double.
                    Only minutes you purchase will double.