RE: [Tower-pro] Stolen Trailer

  • John Hettish
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 14, 2012

      GPS trackers are a really good idea.  I have GPS trackers on the four trucks operating out of the Shelbyville office, including mine.  Mine was the first.  I don't do this to check up on speed or misuse.  I find it's a great tool since we do service work in our local area to be able to know where the trucks are.  The service I use keeps detailed records for two months which helps me on Friday to remember where I was on Monday and to figure out if I need to write an invoice I've forgotten.  I also think the GPS trackers for trailers and heavy equipment are a great idea.  How many times have we heard on T-P that a trailer full of the equipment necessary to do work was stolen from a jobsite?  How many time have any of those trailers been recovered with their contents still inside and the thieves caught?

      John Hettish

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 18, 2012
        here is a step that helps .put a reciever hitch on the trailer .its not hard for a good fabricator.that way you can pull the trailer receiver and take it with you.