Traditions & Transformations Conference updates

  • Carl, Daniela
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Dear colleagues

      Traditions and Transformations:

      Tourism, Heritage and Cultural Change in the

      Middle East and North Africa Region

      4 – 7 April 2009, Amman, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

      We are pleased to send you the link to a brochure for the above event which outlines the programme as it presently stands: http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-MENA/C-MENA%20brochure%20&%20registration%20form_final.pdf

      We hope that you will agree that we have put together a fascinating conference which, as well as providing an important forum for research, also allows you to network with a truly international group of academics and professionals involved with tourism, culture and heritage. The conference will also allow delegates to see at first hand some of the issues being discussed in Jordan.

      We would recommend that you register for the conference as soon as possible to avail yourself of the ‘early bird’ registration rate. The registration form can be downloaded at http://www.tourism-culture.com/64/C-MENA/C-MENA%20registration%20form(3).pdf

      Please check on the conference web pages for updates – www.tourism-culture.com

      For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us via email at ctcc@...

      With best wishes

      Daniela Carl

      Conference Manager

      =====

      Daniela Carl

      Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change

      Faculty of Arts & Society

      Leeds Metropolitan University

      Old School Board

      Calverley Street

      Leeds

      LS1 3ED

      UK

      phone +44 (0)113- 812 8541

      fax +44 (0)113- 812 8544

      www.tourism-culture.com

      =====

      Forthcoming Events

      Texts and Tours:

      Developing the Potential of Literary Tourism

      5 December 2008, Leeds, UK

      Traditions and Transformations:

      Tourism, Heritage and Cultural Change in the Middle East and North Africa Region

      4-7 April 2009, Amman, Jordan

      Resorting to the Coast:

      Tourism, Heritage and Cultures of the Seaside

      25-29 June 2009, Blackpool, United Kingdom

      11th Royal Anthropological Institute International Festival of Ethnographic Film

      1-4 July 2009, Leeds, United Kingdom

      Emotion in Motion:

      The Passions of Tourism, Travel and Movement

      4-7 July 2009, Leeds, United Kingdom

      New MA Course

      MA Cultural Tourism

      For more information please go to www.tourism-culture.com