IGU Tunis pre-info on Climate change sessions - apologies for cross-posting

  • Jarkko Saarinen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 3:49 AM
      Apologies for cross-posting, Yours, Jarkko Saarinen

      **************************************************'

      Dear colleagues,
      Tunisian organizers and our deceased president Adalberto Vallega have
      accepted that special sessions will be held during the IGU 2008
      International congress in Tunis on "Climate change from the geological eras
      to the 21rst century: characteristics, impacts and governance". This
      session focuses on all the features of climate changes in the geological
      and historical periods and nowadays, not only on their physical but also on
      their human and societal impacts. Many geographers of different
      subdisciplines linked with your commission are concerned with research on
      Climate Change. And Climate Change, the "Stone tape" is one of the eight
      key questions outlined in the IYPE (International Year of Planet Earth:
      www.esqfs.org).
      I would like to ask you to alert the full members, the corresponding
      members of your commission and all the geographers you get in touch with to
      participate to the session for providing information on ongoing
      geographical activities and presenting results.
      I think also that the session should be co-sponsored by all the
      commissions the most involved in the topic and ask the chairs who fill
      concern to get in touch with me.

      Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
      With my best wishes

      Annick Douguédroit
      Annick DOUGUEDROIT ( Prof.)

      Chairperson of the IGU Commission on Climatology
      Présidente de la Commission de Climatologie de l'UGI
      (International Geographical Union,Union Géographique Internationale)
      Institut de Géographie, UMR 6012 ESPACE
      Université de Provence (Aix-Marseille1)
      29 Av. R. Schuman
      F-13621 AIX en PROVENCE
      Tel: 33(0)442953871, Fax: 33(0)442640158
      e-mail: annickd@...-aix.fr