Research on cross-border walking products

  • Benjamin Carey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Case studies of cross-border co-operation in the sustainable development of tourism products
      Some of you may remember that six months ago, I was doing some research on walking products and looking for some interesting case studies of nature-based tourism.  Well, I'm now looking specifically at CROSS-BORDER tourism products.  I'm primarily examining walking products, but I'd also be interested in examples of water/river-based products and ski tours that traverse international borders.  I am researching a model of best practice for the sustainable development of nature-based tourism with a particular focus on walking products.  This will be drawing on models of good practice and primary case studies from around the world.  I am particularly interested in product developments that have involved community stakeholders and reflect Fair Trade in Tourism principles.  [For illustration purposes, examples of unsuccessful developments with poor multistakeholder participation might also be interesting!]

      If you can suggest good examples of cross-border tourism products, then please contact me as soon as possible (and before 12 November) with an email address and/or telephone number of someone involved in each example that would be willing to answer a few questions about their experience either by email or telephone.

      [Alternatively, if anyone will be at WTM in London next week (8-11 November), then I'd be delighted to meet up with them then.]

      Very many thanks

      Benjamin

      Benjamin Carey

      DUNIRA STRATEGY

      Website: www.dunira.com
      Address: 45 East Trinity Road, Edinburgh EH5 3DL
      Email:
      benjamin@...
      Direct tel/fax: +44 (0) 131 552 5549

      Sustainable Business Solutions in Tourism