Second Call: "Tourism, local foods and regional development"
- Apologies for cross-posting
Tourism, local foods and regional developmentLinnaeus University School of Business and Economics Kalmar, Sweden
30 September - 1 October 2013
Food consumption is an essential part of the tourism experience, and regional foodstuffs and food products is receiving increased importance for rural tourism, regional sustainable development and regional branding and marketing. The international conference “Tourism, local foods and regional development” seeks to further explore these linkages. Papers are invited to cover all aspects of regional foods and tourism, including but not limited to the place of food in rural tourism, current trends in regional food consumption, consumer perspectives on regional foods, perceptions of restaurant owners and chefs, the promotion of local food supply chains, willingness-to-pay for regional foods, food festivals and events, second homes, regional foods, food related entrepreneurship, food product development, regional food and carbon management, IT and food networks, regional food policy, the promotion of food localisation, fair trade and regional development, the role of local food in ethical consumption, the development of intellectual property protection for regional food products, and the branding of regional foods as well as broader issues regarding regional food networks and regional development.
Researchers from all over the world are invited to present high quality papers on these and related topics. The conference will take place at Linnaeus University in Kalmar, Sweden, in connection with the Harvest Festival, a famous regional attraction on the island of Öland near Kalmar. In order to maximise discussions and the academic value of the event no more than 30 papers will be accepted. A selection of the best papers will be included in a research monograph.
Academic enquiries - Stefan Gössling, stefan.gossling@...
Practical information - Ann-Christin Andersson, ann.christin.andersson@... +46(0)480-497113
Conference Website: http://lnu.se/om-lnu/konferenser/aktuella-konferenser/tourism-local-foods-and-regional-development-30-september--1-october-2013
Professor C. Michael Hall, PhD.
Department of Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand 8140
Department: +64 3 364 2606
Homestead Lane, Block K, Flat 155: Room 1
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=d5GFhXYAAAAJ
• Co-editor, Current Issues in Tourism: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/13683500.asp
• Book Review Editor, Journal of Sustainable Tourism: www.tandfonline.com/JOST
• Associate Editor for Asia and the Pacific, Tourism Geographies: http://www.geog.nau.edu/tg/ ; http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rtxg
• Editor, Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility book series: http://www.routledge.com/
• Co-editor, Aspects of Tourism book series: http://www.multilingual-matters.com/
• Co-editor, Routledge Critical Studies in Tourism, Business and Management: http://www.routledge.com/
• Docent, Department of Geography, University of Oulu, Finland www.oulu.fi/geography/
• Visiting Professor, Linnaeus University School of Business and Economics, Kalmar, Sweden http://www.bbs.hik.se/eng/
• Senior Research Fellow, School of Tourism & Hospitality, Faculty of Management, University of Johannesburg
This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message and any attachments. Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more information.