Active Countryside Tourism_extended CfP

  • Carl, Daniela
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2012

      ***apologies for cross- posting***

      Dear list members

      Due to requests we have now extended the submission deadline for abstracts until 1st November 2012.

      ACTIVE COUNTRYSIDE TOURISM

      The Regional Studies Association

      Research network on tourism and regional development

      In association with

      International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH)

      Leeds Metropolitan University, UK

      23-25 January 2013, Leeds, UK

      This international conference seeks to question the contribution active countryside tourism can and does make to rural regions. How can rural areas benefit from the possibilities offered by active countryside tourism? What needs to be done to attract specific niche tourism markets to rural regions? How do active tourists consume and experience the countryside?

      What are the needs, interests and motivations of specific subgroups (e.g. horse riders, para-gliders, rock climbers), and how can rural communities capitalise on these potential tourism markets? What is the role of regional and national governments in promoting and facilitating the development of active countryside tourism?

      Amongst the themes that could be considered are:

      • Innovation in active countryside tourism

      • Sustainable active countryside tourism

      • The rural tourism labour force (e.g. skills shortages, labour shortages, outsourcing etc.)

      • Agricultural diversification and active countryside tourism

      • Understanding specific subgroups of active countryside tourists

      • Sports tourism in rural regions

      • Place and destination branding for active countryside tourism

      • The role of tourism public policy in rural regional development

      • Barriers to the development and expansion of active countryside tourism

      • Active countryside tourism in developing regions

      • Event tourism in rural regions

      • Marketing of active countryside tourism

      • Opposition to active countryside tourism in local rural communities

      • Presentation and understandings of rurality and nature through active countryside tourism

      We welcome papers on these and other topics relevant to the conference themes. We are also interested in papers addressing other aspects of tourism and regional development.

      Abstract and bio

      Please submit a 300 word abstract (including title and full contact details) and a short presenter’s biography (max 100 words per presenter) as electronic files to icreth@... no later than 1st November 2012.

      Conference website

      For further information on this conference, please go to http://icreth.wix.com/countrysidetourism

      Contact

      International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH)

      Carnegie Faculty, Leeds Metropolitan University, Headingley Campus

      Leeds LS6 3QW

      United Kingdom

      Phone +44 (0)113- 812 8541

      Fax +44 (0)113- 812 8544

      Web: www.leedsmet.ac.uk/icreth

      Email: icreth@...

      Join us on: Description: Description: Description: twitter1 @ICRETH  Description: Description: Description: linkedin1  International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH)

    • Mr René BARETJE-KELLER
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2012
        Dear Colleague,
        I have sent to D. Carl the content analysis of 2,811 documents on RURAL TOURISM/AGRITOURISM - all aspects, all subjects, all countries.
        Are you interested by these informations ?
        Just send me an email.
        Best regards.

        Mr René BARETJE-KELLER
        President
        Centre International de Recherches et d'Etudes Touristiques
        Emeritus Member of the International Academy for the Study of Tourism
        6 Avenue de Grassi
        13100 AIX EN PROVENCE (FRANCE)
        Tél : 00 (33) (0)4.42.96.99.35
        Fax : 00 (33) (0)4.42.23.37.20