Fwd: PhD Position in Mobilities, Borders, and Identity--Deadline Approaching

  • Alan A. Lew
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Lauren Martin <lauren.martin.uky@...>
      Date: Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 3:38 AM
      Subject: PhD Position in Mobilities, Borders, and Identity--Deadline Approaching

      **Apologies for cross-posting!**
      Please forward to interested parties.
      ---------------------

      The Mobilities, Borders, and Identities Research Group in the University of Oulu's Department of Geography is recruiting a PhD student to contribute to
      our emerging research cluster. This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate student to work with a number of geography faculty on this research theme, and with four years of doctoral funding (1700-2500€ per month, and full benefits).  Students from any country with backgrounds in and beyond human geography (e.g. related disciplines and
      relevant work experience) are encouraged to apply. Applications are due by September 30, 2011; please see the Call for Applications for more details.

      The Call for Applications can be found here:
      http://www.hallinto.oulu.fi/yhallint/kuulutus/05082011_Geography_PhD_Position.pdf

      More information on the Borders, Mobilities and Identity research group can be found here:
      http://www.oulu.fi/geography/pdf/mobilities_borders_and_identity_research_group.pdf

      I encourage interested students to email me with any questions about the position, the department, and life in Oulu, Finland.

      Many thanks,

      Lauren Martin

      ------------------
      Lauren Martin, PhD  //  Postdoctoral Researcher  //  Borders, Mobilities, and Identities Research Group  //  Department of Geography  //  Linnanmaa  //  90014  University of Oulu  //  Finland  //  lauren.martin@...  //  laurenmartin.wordpress.com  // Twitter: @laurenlmartin

    • Donaldson, SE, Prof <rdonaldson@sun.ac.za
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2011

        University of the Western Cape - Cape Town, South Africa

        Professor/Associate Professor in Geography (Two posts)

        The Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at UWC has a vacancy for a Professor and an Associate Professor with effect from 1 January 2012. Our home Faculty of Arts provides an invigorating, supportive research and teaching environment. We are keen to develop capacity broadly in Geography and TOURISM. Full particulars of the opportunity are on our website:

        http://www.uwc.ac.za/arts/geography.

        The successful candidate will offer intellectual leadership, stimulate research, attract project funding, develop strategic plans, teach undergraduates and supervise postgraduates.

        For further information on this post, contact Prof Duncan Brown, Dean of Arts, on +27 21 959 2667 or e-mail djbrown@....

        Written applications are invited from academics who have a Doctorate, extensive university lecturing and supervision experience, a strong publication record and proven leadership ability at tertiary level. Your application should highlight your leadership experience, your teaching and research strengths, and your research plans.