Emergency Preparedness Tips

  • carolyn0847
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2009
      To get us started please share a favorite emergency preparedness tip. We all have them, some small thing we do to prepare. What is your favorite tip to share, especially with those who are just beginning the journey?
    • amylsteve
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2009
        --- In TotallyReady@yahoogroups.com, "carolyn0847" <carolyn@...> wrote:

        > To get us started please share a favorite emergency preparedness tip. We all have them, some small thing we do to prepare. What is your favorite tip to share, especially with those who are just beginning the journey?

        My favorite was a tip from you to fill empty canning jars with water for water storage. I don't can much but even a few jars that would otherwise take up space now are part of my water storage in the off season.
      • lorenasmy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2009
          Hi everybody, I'm new here! Thanks Caroline for inviting me.

          My favorite tip is a great item that I carry in my purse and use everyday during the winter months. I am an essential oils freak and I have been using them for about 6 yrs, I love them and they are our family's first choice of medicine. I carry a blend of oils called "thieves" which contains: clove oil, cinnamon oil, rosemary, eucalyptus and lemon. It has been a wonderful aid to prevent colds and the flu.
          Three drops on your tongue and you kill all germs and viruses, as well as fungus. It is said to kill even anthrax (99%).
          I also carry a bottle of Frankincense, the wonderful and blessed oil. These bottles are very small ( 15 ml) and they fit in my purse very well. I feel protected with them. Also, I carry an inhaler with Frankincense oil in it (it gets rid of headaches, or sinus pain, especially during seasonal allergy time - or to kill germs in your nose). Viruses and bacteria enter the body through nose, mouth and ears (eyes too), and the oils help us so much in preventing illness, they are truly a blessing for our whole family.
          Many blessings to all
          Lorena