Simple Small Home Office Network

  • Brian J. Davis
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
      Paula -

      You don't HAVE to have a high-speed connection to enjoy the benefits of a
      simple peer-to-peer network . . .but if you DID it would have been just that
      much easier!

      Here's a link to a nice step-by-step (with pictures) description of setting
      up a SIMPLE network.

      http://www.motherboards.org/articles/guides/1184_1.html

      I'm sure that there are "Network Kits" at places like Best Buy.

      http://www.pcworld.com/resource/browse/0,cat,1342,sortIdx,3,00.asp

      http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,102461,00.asp

      Brian J. Davis
      http://www.OurAppraisal.com

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
        Brian,

        Speedo Bob and I went to the Phoenix Alamode Class in Phoenix, AZ.
        Yesterday - 4 of us sat together with Laptops and we "ALL" installed
        Aurora yesterday morning (30 mins) and went right along with the class -
        smooth - I had to call tech support because I did not have all my codes
        with me - I did the install on my new computer and it did not have
        Athena on it! I will have to say "THANK YOU ALAMODE" - Best class I have
        ever been to..! Keep up the GREAT work..!

        Ron Stalzer - Tempe, AZ.
      • Bob Nixon
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
          Of couse, he did not mention he spent most of the time watching USC beat ASU on the screen.

          Bob Nixon, "Speedo"
          Mesa, AZ

          Ron Stalzer <ron@...> wrote:

          Brian,

          Speedo Bob and I went to the Phoenix Alamode Class in Phoenix, AZ.
          Yesterday - 4 of us sat together with Laptops and we "ALL" installed
          Aurora yesterday morning (30 mins) and went right along with the class -
          smooth - I had to call tech support because I did not have all my codes
          with me - I did the install on my new computer and it did not have
          Athena on it! I will have to say "THANK YOU ALAMODE" - Best class I have
          ever been to..! Keep up the GREAT work..!

          Ron Stalzer - Tempe, AZ.

          Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Bob Nixon

        • Brian J. Davis
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
            Ron -

            "The Chad" and "Speedo" in the SAME CLASS???!!!

            I'm sure hope the instructors came equipped with adult beverages for the
            de-briefing!

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
              Bob,

              Did my USC play your ASU yesterday..? (:-)

              Ron Stalzer - Tempe, AZ,

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                Not my ASU, 3 of my kids went there though. I am one of those
                people that managed to miss the university experience. I spent some
                time in junior college and decided to move on, what they were
                teaching was not within my belief system. So, either join 'em or
                leave 'em - I left.

                Bob Nixon, "Speedo"
                Mesa, AZ

                --- In Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stalzer" <ron@s...>
                wrote:
                > Bob,
                >
                > Did my USC play your ASU yesterday..? (:-)
                >
                > Ron Stalzer - Tempe, AZ,

              • Bob Nixon

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                    I wonder if they fell asleep? (an inside joke)

                    John M Ugrotzi, Jr
                    Professional Appraisals, Inc.
                    Tucson, AZ.

                    Phone - (520) 908-1113 - Office & Cell
                    Fax - (520) 908-1114

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                      Brian,

                      Last I saw of the Alamode people last night, they were hanging around
                      helping anybody that had a problem - GREAT Team --

                      Ron Stalzer - Tempe, AZ.