RE: [WinTOTAL Group] RE Winfax

  • Brian J. Davis
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
      Juan -

      You know MY solution! (wink)

      I uninstalled WinFAX and went looking for something else. I was looking for
      a computer based phone answering system that would work with my voice/modem.

      If you just want "FAXING" capability, and you have Windows XP Pro, you
      already HAVE an alternative.

      Click on Start / All Programs / Accessories / Communications / Fax / Fax
      Console.

      Then click on [Tools] and follow the wizard to set it up.

      It won't be a full featured as WinFax or http://www.FaxTalk.com but it's
      FREE! and it shouldn't conflict with anything you already have.

      Brian J. Davis, RAA
      Bloomington, IL (McLean Co.)
      309 662-4070
      http://www.OurAppraisal.com

      From: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com

      Dave -

      I'll respectfully disagree with you on the MODEM being the problem.

      My old version of WinFAX works just fine with my current modem, and all of
      it's predecessors.

      My new http://www.VoiceFax.com also works just fine with my current modem.

      WinFax 10 on the OTHER HAND immediately caused all sorts of software issues
      with Outlook and other applications on my *new* Windows XP Pro computer.

      Similar issues have happened with 9.0 both at my home office and with the
      Assessor's machine.

      I USED to swear by WinFAX . . . NO MORE!!

      Brian J. Davis, RAA
      Bloomington, IL (McLean Co.)
      309 662-4070
      http://www.OurAppraisal.com

    • jfr
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
        Brian,

        That's what I am using now but I have trouble with some people in
        particular. There are two clients that I have problems with where I drop
        the call after pretty much each page (about 50% of the time), and they both
        state that they do not have trouble with other faxes. I purchased WinFax
        Pro and have been unable to install it.

        Thanks for the input.

        Juan Restrepo

        I'll respectfully disagree with you on the MODEM being the problem.

        My old version of WinFAX works just fine with my current modem, and all of
        it's predecessors.

        My new http://www.VoiceFax.com also works just fine with my current modem.

        WinFax 10 on the OTHER HAND immediately caused all sorts of software issues
        with Outlook and other applications on my *new* Windows XP Pro computer.

        Similar issues have happened with 9.0 both at my home office and with the
        Assessor's machine.

        I USED to swear by WinFAX . . . NO MORE!!

        Brian J. Davis, RAA
        Bloomington, IL (McLean Co.)
        309 662-4070
        http://www.OurAppraisal.com

        Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Brian J. Davis
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
          Juan -

          There may be some noise, interference, etc. on your phone line?

          http://www.accesswest.com/support/disconnect.html

          You can go to Radio Shack for a filter . .

          http://tinyurl.com/bvp4j

          Brian J. Davis, RAA
          Bloomington, IL (McLean Co.)
          309 662-4070
          http://www.OurAppraisal.com

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
            I thought about that but the weird thing is that it's only from two
            customers. All others have worked just fine.

            Since I already have the WinFax and paid for it, it would be nice to have it
            working.

            Juan Restrepo

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
              Juan -

              I hear ya!

              I'm serious when I say that I've purchased a COUPLE of versions of WinFAX
              (because I liked the older version so well) and could NOT get them to work
              without conflicts on other parts of my system.

              Brian J. Davis, RAA
              Bloomington, IL (McLean Co.)
              309 662-4070
              http://www.OurAppraisal.com

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                FYI, all of this talk made me get off my behind and look for a solution. I
                found www.faxmicro.com <http://www.faxmicro.com/> which has 800 numbers
                with unlimited inbound for $10/month. I'll post a review when I'm up and
                running and have some history with them. Unfortunately, efax doesn't have a
                local number in area code 513 (Cincinnati Bell must be charging unreasonable
                rates to get numbers), or I would give that a go since so many people have
                had luck with them.

                Dave, I'm happy that I'm a customer of a company that does care. I've
                already logged on and made my donation as well.

                Ron Oney

                Cincinnati, OH

                _____

                That's what I am using now but I have trouble with some people in
                particular. There are two clients that I have problems with where I drop
                the call after pretty much each page (about 50% of the time), and they both
                state that they do not have trouble with other faxes. I purchased WinFax
                Pro and have been unable to install it.

                Thanks for the input.

                Juan Restrepo

                Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                Affiliate
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Affiliate+program+software&w1=Affiliate
                +program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+progr
                am&w4=Estate+program+real+software&w5=Software+development+program&w6=Schedu
                ling+program+software&c=6&s=198&.sig=PRQLSESO0aPumhp8_5Vo1A> program
                software

                Construction
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Construction+software+program&w1=Affili
                ate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+pr
                ogram&w4=Estate+program+real+software&w5=Software+development+program&w6=Sch
                eduling+program+software&c=6&s=198&.sig=HmfM8ZStdyrE3tQZJUWiNA> software
                program

                Medical
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medical+software+program&w1=Affiliate+p
                rogram+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program
                &w4=Estate+program+real+software&w5=Software+development+program&w6=Scheduli
                ng+program+software&c=6&s=198&.sig=zcwOcmZ5oEtgZ5_9C7wddA> software program

                Estate
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Estate+program+real+software&w1=Affilia
                te+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+pro
                gram&w4=Estate+program+real+software&w5=Software+development+program&w6=Sche
                duling+program+software&c=6&s=198&.sig=icQl-q2Tsr6757aRI_GGhQ> program real
                software

                Software
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+development+program&w1=Affilia
                te+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+pro
                gram&w4=Estate+program+real+software&w5=Software+development+program&w6=Sche
                duling+program+software&c=6&s=198&.sig=AR60sakwDSiVqWF1X0057Q> development
                program

                Scheduling
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scheduling+program+software&w1=Affiliat
                e+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+prog
                ram&w4=Estate+program+real+software&w5=Software+development+program&w6=Sched
                uling+program+software&c=6&s=198&.sig=fq--fkus77YaOQGYcO7qXA> program
                software

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "Total2000UsersGroup
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Total2000UsersGroup> " on the web.

                _____

              • jfr
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                  That's what I am afraid of... guess I was just hoping that someone would
                  have a magic trick.

                  Juan Restrepo

                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 1, 2005
                    Ron -

                    I'm still working out some kinks in my switch to VoIP
                    http://www.VoiceWing.com and their ability to handle voice mail AND faxes.

                    I too looked into some alternative solutions with LOCAL numbers.

                    For lower FAX volume shops (like mine), http://www.uREACH.com has a $5.95
                    fax option and then $.10 per page.

                    Brian J. Davis, RAA
                    Bloomington, IL (McLean Co.)