RE: [WinTOTAL Group] Seal Question

  • Caryn Blauser
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
      No seal in Ohio or Florida....

      Caryn Blauser
      Tampa, FL

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Greg Davenport [mailto:greg@...]
      Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:16 PM
      To: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [WinTOTAL Group] Seal Question

      We received a request to do a field review today, when doing a quick
      look over of the report, I noticed that while the report does contain
      a signature and a license number, it does NOT have the appraisers
      seal.

      My questions is
      Does the report have to have a seal, or is a signature and license
      number all that is required?
      If a seal is required where can I find the requirement at?
      I was unable to find anything in USPAP (2003 version) about it.

      Thanks for the help.

      Greg Davenport
      Davenport Appraisal Services
      Beebe, AR 72012
      (501) 882-0040

      Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129249h8l/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
      oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1096683384/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
      anion.yahoo.com> click here

      :HM/A=2128215/rand=270311944>

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Caryn Blauser
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
        Greg, is a seal required for YOUR state? It may be a state requirement
        versus a federal requirement.

        Caryn Blauser

[...]

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129o7s52h/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1096717968/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://prom
        otions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2376776/rand=327086126>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Greg Davenport
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Caryn Blauser"
          <cblauser@t...> wrote:
          > Greg, is a seal required for YOUR state? It may be a state
          requirement
          > versus a federal requirement.
          >
          > Caryn Blauser

          After reading some of the comments, and getting some sleep, I looked
          into the state rules. and called the state board.
          Per STATE rules in ARKANSAS we are required to get a seal or rubber
          stamp to use on all reports.

          Since this reports does not contain the seal in is NOT COMPLIANT with
          state rules.

          Thanks for the help.

          Greg Davenport
          Davenport Appraisal Services
          PO Box 332
          Beebe, AR 72012
          (501) 882-0040
        • Richard Brotzman
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
            Greg,

            If Arkansas requires a rubber stamp or seal on "all" reports, how do you
            handle electronically transmitted reports in your state? Sounds to me
            like your state agencies are more than just a little behind the times
            and need to update their rules to reflect changing technologies.

            Richard Brotzman
            Harlingen, TX

            Greg Davenport wrote:

            > --- In Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Caryn Blauser"
            > <cblauser@t...> wrote:
            > > Greg, is a seal required for YOUR state? It may be a state
            > requirement
            > > versus a federal requirement.
            > >
            > > Caryn Blauser
            >
            > After reading some of the comments, and getting some sleep, I looked
            > into the state rules. and called the state board.
            > Per STATE rules in ARKANSAS we are required to get a seal or rubber
            > stamp to use on all reports.
            >
            > Since this reports does not contain the seal in is NOT COMPLIANT with
            > state rules.
            >
            > Thanks for the help.
            >
            > Greg Davenport
            > Davenport Appraisal Services
            > PO Box 332
            > Beebe, AR 72012
            > (501) 882-0040
            >

            > Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
            > Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > click here
            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r374cl/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1096723846/A=2368837/R=0/SIG=11tdf3rom/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185370&partid=5285298%20>

          • Doug Stephens
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2004
              North Carolina has always required a seal be affixed to the signature on
              appraisal reports, but it has never been a digital problem. Appraisers here
              just scan it in with the signature. The state requires that the digital
              seal be at least 1 inch in diameter which fits into the allowable WinTotal
              space for signatures. For reviews of appraisals in NC, it would be a
              violation of state regulations to NOT include the seal with the signature.

              Doug Stephens

              www.ArsenalAppraisal.com

              Greg Davenport wrote:

              > --- In Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Caryn Blauser"
              > <cblauser@t...> wrote:
              > > Greg, is a seal required for YOUR state? It may be a state
              > requirement
              > > versus a federal requirement.
              > >
              > > Caryn Blauser
              >
              > After reading some of the comments, and getting some sleep, I looked
              > into the state rules. and called the state board.
              > Per STATE rules in ARKANSAS we are required to get a seal or rubber
              > stamp to use on all reports.
              >
              > Since this reports does not contain the seal in is NOT COMPLIANT with
              > state rules.
              >
              > Thanks for the help.
              >
              > Greg Davenport
              > Davenport Appraisal Services
              > PO Box 332
              > Beebe, AR 72012
              > (501) 882-0040
              >

              > Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
              > Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > click here

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r374cl/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1096723846/A=2368837/R=0/SIG=11tdf3rom/*http://www.
              netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185370
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r374cl/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1096723846/A=2368837/R=0/SIG=11tdf3rom/*http:/www.n
              etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185370&partid=5285298%20> &partid=5285298%20>

              Post message: Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com
              Subscribe: Total2000UsersGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1298p312h/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1096725531/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:/compa
              nion.yahoo.com> click here

              :HM/A=2128215/rand=239316188>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Gil Rogers
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 4, 2004
                Virginia used to require a seal, but with the advent of electronic reporting
                they have done away with the requirement..

                Gil Rogers
                AREAS Appraisers, Inc.
                First in Service
                Serving DC, MD, Northern Virginia