RE: [WinTOTAL Group] Qualifies for FHA or Not ???

  • John Ugrotzi Jr.
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 31, 2008

      Bill McKnight said:

      Too much misinformation out there among the other parties in the loan process. FHA classes taught by different instructors often give opposing viewpoints and even calls to the HOC will net different answers depending on who you talk to and when. The 4150.2 and the ML's are supposed to be the authority but even they are open to interpretation and revision.”

      Wow Bill, you are so right!

      Scenario –

      I did an FHA appraisal inspection on a property – 1.00 Acre lot with 2 manufactured home on it. One manufactured home is a double-wide HUD home built in 2002; while the other is a Pre-HUD 1971 single-wide home.

      The 1971 Pre-HUD single-wide is currently rented and the 2002 HUD home is occupied by the buyers.

      I called and spoke with someone in the HUD HOC office in Santa Ana , CA and asked if the 1971 Pre-HUD manufactured home have to be removed. Answer: Yes, it must be removed for it is Pre-HUD and considered a health and safety hazard.

      I completed the appraisal contingent upon removal of the single-wide manufactured home. Lender went nuts-o, asking that I remove that condition. They said they spoke to someone at HUD and was told differently.

      Now the seller gets involved and calls the HUD HOC and is told that if the 1971 Pre-HUD home is used only for storage and not rented nor uninhabitable (by removing kitchen), it will qualify for FHA.

      What is one to do? Who’s to believe?

      Thank You ....

      John M Ugrotzi, Jr

      Professional Appraisals, Inc

      11851 W Desert Oasis Trail

      Tucson, AZ.

      Email  -  johnu@...

      Phone - 520-908-1113 (Office & Cell)

      Fax     - 520-908-1114

      .

    • Ardy Mattox
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thank you!!! Will try that!!!!!

        Cheers!
        Ardy Mattox/Sacramento
        8124 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA
        or
        PO Box 752, Gilchrist, OR 97737
         ardym@...
      • Ray Rode
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009

          Ardy:
          I got that request for the first time ever last week from a lender out of San Diego. I just typed it in after the lenders name on the photo pages and other addendums that did not have it.
          Ray Rode
          Folsom, CA

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009

            Ardy, click on Print.  On the Print Engine, on the right side, second option down “Print            on each form”   click on the dropdown and select FHA/VA Case #.  Make sure to check the box.

            Have a Happy and Profitable New Year.

            Jack

            Smith Appraisal Services, Inc.

            Beach Park, IL

            jacksmith29@...

            jacksmith29@...

            www.jsmith-appraisal.com

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
              Sure want to thank all of you for your answers!   There is still SO much I don't know about the program.  Clicking that box in the print screen is so simple, but I've never 'looked' at it before.  Odd, but true.

              Hope you all have a great new year going already!  Seems like a good year so far.   Especially since my latest knotty problem is now solved.

              Cheers!
              Ardy Mattox/Sacramento
              8124 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA
              or
              PO Box 752, Gilchrist, OR 97737
               ardym@...
            • Bill McKnight
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
                Hi Ardy,

                I've had this request twice in the last 6 months. It is a pain to do but can be done. I saw the ALM method and will have to try it next time I have such a request.

                I think the request arises from an underwriter/reviewer misunderstanding that the case # must appear on every page of the URAR, and extrapolating that to mean EVERY supporting page of the report including narrative addendums, maps, sketches, photo pages, TOC pages, etc.

                Too much misinformation out there among the other parties in the loan process. FHA classes taught by different instructors often give opposing viewpoints and even calls to the HOC will net different answers depending on who you talk to and when. The 4150.2 and the ML's are supposed to be the authority but even they are open to interpretation and revision.

                Bill McKnight
                CA Licensed Real Estate Appraiser
                CONV/FHA
                ~Board Member/Political Liaison-Real Estate Appraisers Association
                ~Treasurer-Women's Council of Realtors
                ~Affiliate Member-Sacramento Association of Realtors
                ~REAA Forum Moderator
                AppraisalAce
                (916) 743-7085 Cell
                (866) 845-1403 Fax

              • Bill
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
                  I stand corrected. According to Ron Stalzer, HUD requires the Case# on
                  every page of the report, including all supporting pages. That way if
                  a worker at HUD drops the file and pages fall out, they can be matched
                  up again. So I will be using ALM's method on my next FHA appraisal.

                  Bill McKnight

                  --- In Total2000UsersGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Bill McKnight" <bill@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi Ardy,
                  >
                  > I've had this request twice in the last 6 months. It is a pain to do
                  but can
                  > be done. I saw the ALM method and will have to try it next time I
                  have such
                  > a request.
                  >
                  > I think the request arises from an underwriter/reviewer misunderstanding
                  > that the case # must appear on every page of the URAR, and extrapolating
                  > that to mean EVERY supporting page of the report including narrative
                  > addendums, maps, sketches, photo pages, TOC pages, etc.
                  >
                  > Too much misinformation out there among the other parties in the loan
                  > process. FHA classes taught by different instructors often give opposing
                  > viewpoints and even calls to the HOC will net different answers
                  depending on
                  > who you talk to and when. The 4150.2 and the ML's are supposed to be the
                  > authority but even they are open to interpretation and revision.
                  >
                  > Bill McKnight
                  > CA Licensed Real Estate Appraiser
                  > CONV/FHA
                  > ~Board Member/Political Liaison-Real Estate Appraisers Association
                  > ~Treasurer-Women's Council of Realtors
                  > ~Affiliate Member-Sacramento Association of Realtors
                  > ~REAA Forum Moderator
                  > Appraisal?Ace
                  > (916) 743-7085 Cell
                  > (866) 845-1403 Fax
                  > <http://www.appraisalace.net/> www.appraisalace.net
                  > <mailto:bill@...> bill@...

                • Gary Grantham
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009
                    I just had a similar scenario here in Canon City.   But it was a house with a "rentable" 1973 single-wide.   I conditioned its complete removal or removal of the kitchen.   The Denver HOC told me to remove ALL plumbing fixtures.  They did - kitchen and bathroom sinks and even toilets.  They closed and probably put all that stuff back in - who knows...

                    Gary Grantham
                    Cañon City, CO

                    Email  -  johnu@azwildblue. com

                    --
                    Gary W. Grantham
                    Certified General Appraiser

                    Grantham Appraisal Service
                    1116 Main Street
                    Cañon City, CO  81212

                    719-275-7705 (Work)
                    719-269-6716 (Cell)
                    719-269-8383 (Fax)

                    ggrantham@...
                    www.granthamappraisal.net

                  • Paul James
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 1, 2009

                      Johm/Gary

                      My “solution” is to call the old “trailer” personal property, describe it on the report and use my standard statement “personal property not included in my value estimate”

                      Let the underwriter cause the problems! It is sort of like an old car, it can be moved, easily!

                      PJ

                      Paul James

                      3906 Buena Vista Ave

                      Farmington, NM   87402