anyone feel the need to perform?

  • bookyspice@fastmail.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hello all!

      Linda Maribini of Castleview Wychwood Towers Home for the Aged (it's
      at Dupont and Christie; if you were at the Lindy Across the
      Generations in February, that was the place) has called me with a
      request.

      They are having kind of a talent night for the residents on September
      18, with various performers. They would love to have some lindy hop
      at it, as they enjoyed our last visit so much. However, as this is an
      actual show, I think it would suit dances that were at least semi-
      planned and choreographed instead of being an informal Lindy Across
      the Generations-style event; I thought someone in the community might
      be willing and interested in getting together a routine or performing
      something you've already developed. No, you don't have to be stars,
      just enthusiastic and mildly coordinated.

      What is required is 10-30 minutes of dance on Tuesday, September 18
      in the evening (you'd be slated for sometime between 6:30 and 8:30
      p.m.). Heck, it doesn't even have to be lindy, could be west coast,
      east coast, whatever you want. If you're interested, please contact
      Linda at 392-5725 by September 7 (that's Friday).

      I hope someone can help her out. Keep me posted if you do.
      Julia M.