Toronto Swing Dancing 411 for August 19th-August 25th, 2013

  • torontolindy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2013
      Hi Everyone, Sorry for no 411 last week I was having problems logging onto yahoo groups. If you miss the 411, you can find all the info on our Facebook page, Twitter or on our website so make sure you check us out there as well.

      Tuesday: Social in the City-Dancing at the ROM
      http://www.beeskneesdance.com/where-to-dance/

      Dancing every Tuesday from 10pm to 11:30pm, weather permitting. ROM

      ***Please note that if the weather is bad, we'll stay at the studio instead.

      ALL TUESDAYS! University & Bloor, in front of the ROM

      ALSO.............

      Balboa Night @ El Cafecito Espresso Bar
      https://www.facebook.com/events/412828585501634/

      Lessons start at 7:30
      - Beginner Balboa lesson 7:30pm-8:15pm $10
      - Intermediate/Advanced Balboa lesson starting 8:30pm-9:15pm $10
      - Just dancing 9:15pm-11pm $ PWYC (pay what you can when you arrive)

      We are also very lucky to have the wonderful live gypsy swing music by Les Petits Nouveaux!!!
      -----------------------------------

      Wednesday: UT-Swing Weekly Swing dance at Cartwright Hall
      https://www.facebook.com/events/461532927261864/

      Lesson from 7-8, dancing from 8-9. Fun afterwards! $2
      Location: St. Hildas-44 Devonshire Place
      ---------------------------------

      Saturday: "Happy Pals" at Grossmans Tavern, 4:30pm, PWYC (tip jar)

      THEN!!!

      It's TLH THEME NIGHT!!!! "Swing Prom with Up Jumped Swing!"
      https://www.facebook.com/events/344238822374438/

      Beginner classes before the Party 7pm to 9pm, Blues class 7pm, Lindy Hop class 8pm.

      Swing Party 9:10pm to past 1am featuring the band Up Jumped Swing!

      Swing Prom theme presented by Toronto Lindy Hop! Come dressed in an prom era, help crown the king and queen of prom, take a picture at our photowall and so much more!

      Party $13, $15 with one class, $18 with both. $3 off for full-time students.
      ------------------------------

      Sunday: "New Orleans Connection Allstars" at Grossmans Tavern, 4:30pm (PWYC)

      Up and Coming Events:

      TLH "Lindyworks" workshop weekend with Dargoff and Brittany, Sept 6-8th
      http://www.torontolindyhop.com/swing/special-events/brittany-and-dargoff-workshop-weekend/

      LEADERS WANTED!!!

      The Anti-comp: TLH's first competition event. REGISTRATION OPEN! Sept 28th
      https://www.facebook.com/events/297593420384662/

      Have a great week!

      Liz-TLH