Toronto Swing Dancing 411 for June 24th-June 30th, 2013

  • torontolindy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Hi Everyone! Did you have a good weekend? Dance a lot? I know I did :) Now are you ready for some more? Here is your 411 for this week.

      Monday: Miz Debbie & the Don Valley Stompers @ Grossmans Tavern
      https://www.facebook.com/events/115682461975464/

      Jazzfest Alert! Join Miz Debbie and The Don Valley Stompers Monday June 24, 9pm at Grossman's Tavern. Blues, country, gospel and maybe some jazz.

      Tuesday: The Hive Social-Lindy Hop & Balboa
      https://www.facebook.com/events/157261927786688/

      8:10pm – Sample lesson for Beginners
      9:15pm – Hive Social begins
      11:15pm – approximate wrap time

      $3 rental donations welcome!
      Location: Bees Knees Dance (750 Yonge St.)

      Wednesday: UT-Swing Weekly dance at Cartwright Hall
      https://www.facebook.com/events/466085816803428/

      Lesson from 7-8, dancing from 8-9. Fun afterwards! $2
      Location: 44 Devonshire Place

      ALSO...

      The Hammer Hoppers (in Hamilton) present "Alex Pangamn & her Alley Cats"
      https://www.facebook.com/events/332829000182432/

      Join in our celebration as we finish off the dance year with Canada's Sweetheart of Swing, Alex Pangman.

      There will be a free beginner class from 7:00pm to 8:00pm before the dance.

      Admission to the dance at 8:00pm is $10.
      Location: Tailgate Charlies (Hamilton), 69 John St.

      Saturday: Swing Toronto & TLH are hosting a "Canada day Picnic" Theme Night! with "Patrick Tevlin Swing Band" at the Dovercourt
      https://www.facebook.com/events/113680812176311/

      It's our monthly theme night so come on out everyone!!

      Beginner classes before the Party, Charleston 7pm, Lindy Hop 8pm.

      Party 9:10 to past 1am featuring the Patrick Tevlin Swing Band!

      Coming in red and white, Picnic like or in something Canadian themed is encouraged.

      Party $13, $15 with one class, $18 with both.$3 off for full-time students.

      Location: Dovercourt House
      -------------------------------------

      Sunday: "New Orleans Connection Allstars" at Grossmans Tavern

      time: 4:30pm-8pm
      Location: Grossmans
      No Cover

      Upcoming Workshops:

      TLH's Lindyworks presents "Dargoff & Brittany" Sept 6-8th. Sign up today!
      https://www.facebook.com/events/129929660510081/

      Have a great week!

      Liz :)