NEW July Session, Friday Night Summer Dance, Alleycatz BACK ON this week!

  • Hogtown Swing Dance Studio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2011
      Hey dancers,

      Hope you had a great Canada Day weekend!! Just a reminder of our upcoming July Summer 4-week Session and Friday Night Dance (this month's theme announced below!!)

      **Alleycatz is BACK ON this week too!!! So for all of us who are dying to get our dance on - we hope to see you back out there tomorrow night!! (2409 Yonge St. 7:00 Charleston Lesson, 7:45 Swing Lesson, 8:30-11p Double A Jazz Band)

      Summer Series
      July Session 4-week Intensives

      Mondays July 4, 11, 18, 25
      7-8 Lindy Hop - Fundamentals & Beginner Lindy Hop (Beg)
      7-8 Lindy Hop - Challenging Basics & Beyond (Int/Int+)
      8-9 Balboa Bootcamp - 4 week series taking you from Beginner to Intermediate
      9-10 Advanced Balboa - 4 weeks of training with Balboa experts

      Thursdays July 7, 14, 21, 28
      6-7 Lindy Hop - Beginner & Beyond Basics (Beg-Int)
      7-8 Charleston Challenge - Partnered Charleston to the next Level (Int/Int+)
      8-9 Lindy Hop - Not Your Average Lindy Hop Class (Int-Adv)

      Drop-in Friendly - $15
      Full 4 week session - $50
      Attendance Bonus: Sign up for a full class session and receive $5 off the next 6 week series

      **Beginner Bonus - 2 classes for the price of 1**
      Signup for a full class session and attend 2 classes a week (Mon 7-8, Thurs 6-7)

      Hogtown Swing Dance Studio and Scherzo School of Music and Movement are combining forces for the month of July.

      1940s Sailors & Sweethearts Summer Dance
      **As always, we highly encourage participating in the theme of the month! Contests & prizes for those who do!
      Ideas: White pants/skirts, striped tops, sailor hats, colors - red, white, navy blue.

      Date: Friday, July 15th, 2011
      Location: Joy of Dance Studio, 95 Danforth Ave., 4th Floor (near Broadview Station)

      Workshops:
      8:30-9:15p Swing Basics and Fancy Moves (Beg- Int)
      9:15-10p Jumps, Turns and Twists (Int-Adv)

      Social Dance:
      10p-12:30a DJ Social Dance (1940s Jazz & Swing music to harken the sounds of this swingin' era!!)
      Guest DJs

      Cost:
      $10 - one workshop (dance admission included)
      $15 - both workshops (dance admission included)
      $10 - just the dance

      Who: You!!

      Doorprizes,Contests, Special Performances, Food, Drinks and more!!!